wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited September 2, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
599-ow-j1881.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2011
    Nice spot! thumb.gif

Lots can be read into this image. Love the towering cloaked figure on the right!

:D

Don

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2011
    I agree with Don .. loads can be read into this photo. Very interesting thumb.gif
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2011
    Thank you Mary and Don. I shot this back in 2003 and finally got around to seeing what I could do with it. The formation on the right is very strong anthropomorphically -- I may add a human arm and hand to the left side of it. The rock in the shadows on the right could be shaped more into a silhouette. That could be interesting. It's a small image, only 2048 pixels wide. I shot it with a Nikon 990, and strange things happen with the sky in processing. I may have some fun with it now and reshoot late next spring.

-
    Anybody can do it.
    edited September 1, 2011
    wfeller wrote: »
    Thank you Mary and Don. I shot this back in 2003 and finally got around to seeing what I could do with it. The formation on the right is very strong anthropomorphically -- I may add a human arm and hand to the left side of it. The rock in the shadows on the right could be shaped more into a silhouette. That could be interesting. It's a small image, only 2048 pixels wide. I shot it with a Nikon 990, and strange things happen with the sky in processing. I may have some fun with it now and reshoot late next spring.

-

I saw that 'strange' happening in the sky :D Happens in some of my photos too. Just replace the sky with some of the beautiful ones you have in your files :D
    edited September 1, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I saw that 'strange' happening in the sky :D Happens in some of my photos too. Just replace the sky with some of the beautiful ones you have in your files :D

The first time through I kind of left the banding there, that way there would be more than one way to interpret 'Overwrought', but was too lazy to look up the word to make sure it meant 'overworked' :-)

I'm thinking I have a very cool-looking cloud that'd look nice in there either upside down or sideways.
    Anybody can do it.
    edited September 1, 2011
    The first time through I kind of left the banding there, that way there would be more than one way to interpret 'Overwrought', but was too lazy to look up the word to make sure it meant 'overworked' :-)

I'm thinking I have a very cool-looking cloud that'd look nice in there either upside down or sideways.

Clouds upside down or sideways .. that would make it interesting :D

Although the sky as it is now does add to the photo.
    edited September 2, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Clouds upside down or sideways .. that would make it interesting :D

Although the sky as it is now does add to the photo.

Mary, you ever seen the movie, 'The Pledge', with Jack Nicholson? -There's a scene, I think the first one, where Jack is looking at his hands, puzzled, as if he's crazy. I believe I can do something like that with this shot now that I've been checking it out.
    Anybody can do it.
    edited September 2, 2011
    Mary, you ever seen the movie, 'The Pledge', with Jack Nicholson? -There's a scene, I think the first one, where Jack is looking at his hands, puzzled, as if he's crazy. I believe I can do something like that with this shot now that I've been checking it out.

No I've not seen the movie, but have wanted to.

Looking forward to what you come up with :Dthumb.gif I just love with you put together something .... it's always interesting and makes ones mind 'think'.