My phots and video clips of airplanes

5shot5shot Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited September 2, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
My phots and video clips are nertainly not up to the quality of the original poster's.

I just like airplanes, and the noise they make.

For my pics and video clips (turn up your sound!), including those of the Skyraider and Thunderbolt see
http://www.pointshooting.com/1aflyby.htm

Go down to the lower portion of the page 4 the video clips.

Here's a pic of the skyrainer on the ground: sky700.jpg

Comments

• NewsyNewsy Registered Users Posts: 605 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2011
    lovely noise!

That was a very good day there. Wish they had done a couple of North to South passes so we could have caught some shots with the sun on the front of the aircraft.

That is a very odd effect your camera has with the props.
  • 5shot5shot Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 2, 2011
    My photos certainly are not of the fine quality of yours.

I use an Aiptek camcorder, and the props don't look as good as I would like. Don't know if its the rpm's or the camera or me. Probably a combination.

I am not a camera buff, and don't understand the technical aspects.

Would like a small camcorder that you can readily aim and frame action shots like fly-bys, and one that also has a focus that works and stays in focus as you track the action.

Here's a pic of my camera with sighting tube made from the plastic core of a velcro hair roller. It works pretty good.

halo6cam.jpg
  • NewsyNewsy Registered Users Posts: 605 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2011
    Ingenious solution! I know of a number of red dot sight modifications but that is even less expensive.

Don't know enough about video but I figure that has to be related to the fps you shoot at and how the shutter actuates.

I'm going to miss this weekend's Eastern Front fly day but hope to be there for the last fly day of the season on the 24th. Will look for that modification and introduce myself.