Options

Blake & Suzie

ChaKiraChaKira Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
edited September 2, 2011 in Weddings
My first time taking my camera to a wedding... let me know what you think :)

297695_10150419127318272_691548271_10728569_4760993_n.jpg
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

Megan Amelia Photography

Comments

• Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2011
    Looks a little soft to me and a little underexposed and could maybe use a little more contrast in the conversion, though that is personal taste. You are showing a nice emotion but it is a snapshot. Centered, chopping off limbs, no accounting for the surroundings which seem very interesting like the architecture, the iron gate, or her dress. You should probably clone the white from his shoulder and his hair and maybe that dark spot on her dress. A close crop of this just showing the faces would be a nice shot to focus totally on the emotion but you don't have the res or sharpness to crop into this image I don't think.

Not awful but not pro. Keep bringing your camera to weddings and really focus on making good compositions that tell a story and you will get better. Just please stay out of the pro's way! If you are shooting at a wedding then you need to know where the pro is all the time to make sure that you aren't between he and his subject. Also it is a good idea to say Hi to him or her and introduce yourself so that the hired pro can lay out any ground rules that will help him earn the money that the b&g spent on their services.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes