Megan

masterofonemasterofone Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited September 8, 2011 in People
I'm very new to Shooting humans but I am doing my best to learn. Thanks for having a look.

i-G6KxBwd-L.jpg

i-xwP9Sbq-L.jpg

i-RGFwz38-L.jpg

i-kMw5Hcv-L.jpg

i-GxFR3g6-L.jpg

i-F8VjvFZ-L.jpg
Brian
Have keyboard and opinion.

Senska Photography

Comments

• 0scar990scar99 Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited September 4, 2011
    Like 4 and 6 the best..
    4. Like the pose. Skin highlights are a bit too bright. It would have been better to get the other hand in frame somehow. Maybe if she'd placed it on her stomache at the bottom of the frame?
    6. Like the pose again but you chopped her toes off!

I also like the smile in 1 but the angle is a bit too weird for me..

All IMHO of course..
  • Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2011
    I'm a big fan of number 3. Like the pose and LOVE the light. I would however really like to see her eyes brightened a bit.

Nice set.
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2011
    Like 3 the most. Great pose. 4 & 6 I just have an issue with the hair.
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2011
    1 - Good. Her skin looks like porcelain. I would have moved to camera left just a tad so her nose is not breaking the line of her cheek.. more flattering and you'd get more of her face in the shot.

2 - Nice attempt. What if she would have brought her right hand up to the blinds, as if she was peeking through? I think this would have added more interest to the composition... I don't like that her arm is just hanging there. It would avoid cutting off her hand too.

3 - Best of the bunch. What focal length did you shoot this at? Looks like her head is a little long/wide on top. Could be the hair that is fluffed but it could also be lens distortion.

4 - This shot has potential. She small enough to get away with shooting her shoulders square like that, but have both arms touching her side doesn't work. If she had her right arm up and bent over the top of her head, the shot would rock IMO.

5 - Shoulders too square... I think it's the shirt... it adds volume to her torso. Looks like a linebacker. Shoulders look way too wide.

6 - Good shot and pose. Just watch for the eyes... she's looking too much out of the corner of her eyes. There is no white between her iris and the corner. Turn her head slightly to her right so she's doesn't have the beady-eye look.

Hope that helps. I usually don't like to nit shots like this because I'd hate for people to get discouraged. You did a fine job for not shooting people. Just some ideas on how to improve.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • masterofonemasterofone Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    Thank you for all the input. It is very helpful and I will try to employ some of the suggestions next time I shoot.
    Brian
    Have keyboard and opinion.

Senska Photography
  • BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2011
    Like this set a lot.

# 3 seems to have distorted her face a bit. Her nose is not that wide in the other images.

4 & 6 are my favorites even with her toenails cut off.mwink.gif

Nicely done.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen