Options

DSS 84 - South African Style

sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
edited September 6, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Editing this thread now that we are back from our trip and I can process RAW files. Just leaving the iPad version of #3

Springtime in South Africa
i-8nN6XcB-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited September 5, 2011
    Here's another rendition of the male weaver looking at his handiwork and waiting to find out whether this year's nest will be acceptable to his mate. Looking forward to processing the RAW files of some of these shots....

4. Male Weaver Awaits Verdict on This Year's Nest
    IMG0724-L.jpg

There are many signs of progress here even though one still passes shanty towns. The fellow pictured above is a hard-working fellow from Zimbabwe, very happy to be working in RSA.

It is hard to do these challenges away from home and I would rather be more selective in what I enter in dgrin!

For those in the US, hope you have a lovely holiday!
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2011
    I love the processing of springtime in South Africa - what wonderful colors, brokeh, and vintage look!
    edited September 6, 2011
    red_zone wrote: »
    I love the processing of springtime in South Africa - what wonderful colors, brokeh, and vintage look!

Thanks for your comment, Jake. This one is definitely my favorite of the three. Interesting to be in RSA for the first day of spring (9/1) and arrive home anticipating autumn....