Options

Antivirus and uploading

Charles_czCharles_cz Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited September 5, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi guys, I was just wondering if you could give me quick advice. I have noticed problems with uploading pictures when Antivirus Kaspersky is active. It will not verify upload and it will get stuck. I am positive it will have something to do with firewall setting or setting exception for some application.

As soon as I disable Kaspersky everything is uploading fine.

What should I allow in firewall or what application should I set different rules to have this problem solved? I just need some points where to look and I will do my homework.

Thanks Charles

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2011
    Hi Charles,

While these instructions are for an older version of Kaspersky, they might still work:
    With Kaspersky AV 2010 version 9.0.0.

1. Click on Settings (top right)
    2. Click on Web Anti-Virus (left column)
    3. Click on Settings (under Security Level)
    4. Click on "Do not scan HTTP traffic from trusted web addresses (under scan optimization)
    - When you click on that the "Select" button is highlighted
    5. Click on Select
    6. Click on "Add" and fill in the box " http://*.smugmug.com/* " (without the double quotes)
    7. Click on "add" again and fill in " http://*.amazonaws.com/* " (without the double quotes)
    8. Click OK back out of Kaspersky.

If you still have an issue, write us Heroes with details on what exact Kaspersky version you use:
    http://help.smugmug.com/

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    Charles_czCharles_cz Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2011
    Sebastian,

I've added two addresses to trusted URLs under Web Antivirus part but it did not help. Everything works as soon as I disable Web Antivirus part of Kaspersky. I tried to disable some security features within Web Antivirus with no luck. So it's either using different URL or problem is somewhere else.

I'm using version 2012. I will contact SM support.

Thanks.. Charles
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2011
    Charles_cz wrote: »
    Sebastian,

I've added two addresses to trusted URLs under Web Antivirus part but it did not help. Everything works as soon as I disable Web Antivirus part of Kaspersky. I tried to disable some security features within Web Antivirus with no luck. So it's either using different URL or problem is somewhere else.

I'm using version 2012. I will contact SM support.

Thanks.. Charles

Since this isn't a SM prob but a kaspersky prob...I would go directly to their support people........I tried Kaspersky and can't no remember why I do not like them and went back to AVG and AVAST and still with them for many years now.........and not one upload prob or down load prob.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2011
    I use Kaspersky PURE and have no problem doing uploads via Lightroom with the Smugmug plugin. Scaning of http for is not disabled.
    Charles_cz wrote: »
    Hi guys, I was just wondering if you could give me quick advice. I have noticed problems with uploading pictures when Antivirus Kaspersky is active. It will not verify upload and it will get stuck. I am positive it will have something to do with firewall setting or setting exception for some application.

As soon as I disable Kaspersky everything is uploading fine.

What should I allow in firewall or what application should I set different rules to have this problem solved? I just need some points where to look and I will do my homework.

Thanks Charles