Kindergarten Rock

iCandiiCandi Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited September 7, 2011 in People
I hate the traditional school pictures. Absolutely hate them. Tis the season where we recieved our high dollar package options for the worst possible photos you could have of your child. :rolleyes

Today I decided to bust out some cool fabric I had and get out an old school desk to take some kindergarten pics of my daughter.

I'm very non-traditional. I like the blown, bold colors, shadows and all the things you're not supposed to like. Our family is very edgy and traditional photos just do not work on our walls.

This is what I came up with. It's exactly my taste in photos, it may not be everyone elses, but it's mine. :lust

IMG1163-M.jpg

IMG1204-M.jpg

IMG1242-M.jpg

IMG1199-M.jpg

i.Candi by Mandi Photgraphy
Seymour, IN

Comments

• hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2011
    I really like them, iCandi! #1 and three stand out to me. Just as an aside, you can now get chalkboard fabric! Would be cool with some doodles and arithmetic.
  • iCandiiCandi Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2011
    Thank you! I've been searching high and low for a chalk board. I thought about using an old vintage interior door and painting the panels with chalk board paint. I have 2 preschools to work with in a few weeks and I wanted to play around with different poses and options. Appreciate the comment :)

Seymour, IN
  • hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2011
    iCandi wrote: »
    Thank you! I've been searching high and low for a chalk board. I thought about using an old vintage interior door and painting the panels with chalk board paint. I have 2 preschools to work with in a few weeks and I wanted to play around with different poses and options. Appreciate the comment :)

I'm trying to resist painting my kitchen with hot pink chalkboard paint. Lol! Preschool shoots sound fun.
  • iCandiiCandi Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2011
    As a pink and black color lover - I say go for it Laughing.gif

Seymour, IN
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2011
    These are really fun, haha! Just iron the background and watch your highlights and you'll have an awesome set! :D
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2011
    These are great. I really like the fun poses and her attitude.

Her face looks a bit hot on a few of these. Perhaps dialing back the exposure a bit would help.
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2011
    So fun!! Love the props, attitude and bold colors. Agree with Angie and Mitch about the background and being a touch hot, but it sounds like you did 'em how you like 'em! She's a fantastic little model.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    these are awesome! a little hot, but otherwise great! number 2 is my favorite, what a doll.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    Awesome, great ideas. As mentioned, a smidge hot...other wise these are money!