Anyone heard of Thumbtack?

justin24justin24 Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
edited November 9, 2011 in The Big Picture
I got an email this morning from a rep that works at thumbtack.com It looks similar to yellow pages. Anyone try them out?

Comments

• MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2011
    Never heard of them-- but Google autocomplete's second choice below thumbtack was "thumbtack complaints." ne_nau.gif

Also, this: http://www.pcworld.com/article/230670/reader_questions_on_thumbtack_background_blur_and_more.html

I'd tread carefully.
  • beadedjewelsbeadedjewels Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 21, 2011
    About Thumtack
    I was recently invited to Thumbtack to make myself at home so to say. :D They said they visited my website which I check of course through my website stats and they did indeed visited my site. I guess the purpose of this site is to help local artists along by offering them to set up their profile for free. I really liked how easy it was to set up the page. The also encourage the local artists to get reviews from customers and such which I also did. I invite you to check out my page and see for yourself. It is all free!!!

At least I have not paid a dime.
    Best Regards
    Lexi Butler
    Owner of Beaded Jewels
  • WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    I also have joined Thumbtack. I have learned to be very literal on my description page.... Portrait Photographer, Business portraits, landscape art, etc, etc. Since people use literal descriptions of what they may be looking for in their area, it helps pull your literal description of what you do to the top of the search page before it pulls some other business that may be 20 miles away.

I also like that it's free, offers customer reviews of your services... I can only hope they start becoming the new yellow pages of services on the internet....
    Lee Wiren