Options

Intuos4 and LR3 - Minor Issue

Garageguy05Garageguy05 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited September 10, 2011 in Digital Darkroom
Gurus,

The wife was kind enough to get me an Intuos4 for a recent birthday. I've been slowly coming up to speed with it, and am liking the precision it lends to working in LR3.

That said, I have a minor issue. When working the sliders in LR, there are times when I've made an adjustment using a slider and go to move to the next adjustment and I'll find the slider continues to move a bit after I pull the stylus away from the tablet. I've tried changing the angle with which I hold the pen and fiddling with the sensitivity settings, yet the problem remains.

Any commentary from the group on what I'm doing wrong, or not doing at all that I should be doing?

TIA,
GG

Comments

• Options
    Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    I had the same issues when I first received mine. There's a settings menu in your computer's control panel for the Wacom where you can calibrate. It makes a huge difference...What OS are you using?
    Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
    SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
    Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
    I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.

• Options
    edited September 7, 2011
    Sorry - should have added that info in my original post. I'm currently working on a Win7 64bit machine.

Assuming you were referring to Windows, which settings were you referencing?

GG
  • Options
    Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2011
    It's ok. :) I'm using Window's Vista, but it should be in about the same location since Window's usually doesn't alter Control Panel much. Go to: Start/Control Panel/Wacom Tablet Properties. You can control everything from there including what you want the buttons to do (can be different) in multiple programs. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll look up the info for Windows 7. Good luck!

• Options
    edited September 9, 2011
    Fantastic. Much obliged!

GG
  • Options
    edited September 10, 2011
    You're welcome! Forgot to add too that computer memory makes a difference. Using multiple large programs at once sometimes results in delayed performance. Best of luck!