Road Riders

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited September 7, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Took this on a road in ND.

i-L58wG3C-XL.jpg

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    You love the thunder Mary Kim? :D Me too. I grab the camera and take pics bikes out the window because of it. Nice shot and work up. thumb.gif
    Michael
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited September 7, 2011
    Hahaha, I'm viewing this while the season's premier of Son's of Anarchy is on commercials. Perfect! Love the high-key effect. thumb.gif
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    Sons of who? mwink.gif
    Michael
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    Well done, Mary.

After 50+ years of riding bikes, I have finally given it up. I figured I had pushed the odds as far as I dared....I want to go out of this world in one piece. But, I'll admit, when I see scenes like this, something stirs within my soul.

Your choice of PP with this shot is just perfect. It really comes across very well.clap.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    DaddyO wrote: »
    You love the thunder Mary Kim? :D Me too. I grab the camera and take pics bikes out the window because of it. Nice shot and work up. thumb.gif

Howdy ...

Taking photos of them out on a lonely country road is fun. Wish I could ride too, but hubby isn't into motorcycles.

Happy to hear you liked this one :D
    edited September 7, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    Hahaha, I'm viewing this while the season's premier of Son's of Anarchy is on commercials. Perfect! Love the high-key effect. thumb.gif

I'm glad you liked the high key effect. Wasn't too sure about it, but seemed fitting for the shot.

What a perfect time to be viewing this photo rolleyes1.gif
    edited September 7, 2011
    Well done, Mary.

After 50+ years of riding bikes, I have finally given it up. I figured I had pushed the odds as far as I dared....I want to go out of this world in one piece. But, I'll admit, when I see scenes like this, something stirs within my soul.

Your choice of PP with this shot is just perfect. It really comes across very well.clap.gif

Tom

Thank you Tom :D

My Dad was a rider for awhile. He let me ride a couple blocks with an old boyfriend. Next time the boyfriend had to pick me up in a car rolleyes1.gifIt took a nasty wipe out on a gravel road for my Dad to stop riding. That was in my Dad's youthful years. He never forgot it tho.
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    I like this a lot Mary! Composition and processing give it a satisfying "road warriors" edge.

I can imagine a companion shot or several, with you in pillion on the leading machine facing backward with the camera looking back into the pack, reflected in the shades of the closest rider behind! WOW gal! You only just dipped a toe here!! eek7.gifwink:Drolleyes1.gif

But on t'other hand... that'd give us all our hearts a bit o' a flutter of anxiety, not least Tom's!!!:D:D:D

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
    edited September 7, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    I like this a lot Mary! Composition and processing give it a satisfying "road warriors" edge.

I can imagine a companion shot or several, with you in pillion on the leading machine facing backward with the camera looking back into the pack, reflected in the shades of the closest rider behind! WOW gal! You only just dipped a toe here!! eek7.gifwink:Drolleyes1.gif

But on t'other hand... that'd give us all our hearts a bit o' a flutter of anxiety, not least Tom's!!!:D:D:D

Neil

The wild side of me say's give me a camera and lets go for a ride rolleyes1.gifBut common sense has caught up with me and standing on the sidelines seems to be the best place for me today rolleyes1.gifrofl

Glad you enjoyed the photo :D
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    standing on the sidelines seems to be the best place for me today rolleyes1.gifrofl

...not too close, now!eek7.gifrofl

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
    edited September 7, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    Dogdots wrote: »
    standing on the sidelines seems to be the best place for me today rolleyes1.gifrofl

...not too close, now!eek7.gifrofl

Neil

rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif