Cannonball Tree

red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
edited November 30, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
This is a cannonball tree in bloom.
DSC6268-X2.jpg

The fruits look like cannonballs, and grow all the way up the trunk, and drop off when they're ripe. Watch your head!

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2011
    Neat tree and flower. Good color. Think maybe I would have passed some burn over the lighting at top left area to set it that would knock that light wash out some. :D
    Michael
  • red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2011
    Thanks DaddyO, I'm new to LR, I'll have to play around with this and see what I can do. I think that the light wash is part dirty lens and part 100% humidity at mid-day.
    red_zone wrote: »
    Thanks DaddyO, I'm new to LR, I'll have to play around with this and see what I can do. I think that the light wash is part dirty lens and part 100% humidity at mid-day.
    I've had a few moments with LR and it is serious cool tool. IT will do things PS will not do so fast or so welll. Still I had problems getting a thing done that was easy in PS. An Errrrr thing. Learning curve what have you. Gads on the learning curve. Mid day shots is what it is. Go with it and see what comes of it. :D So I understand the shot cause I would have done same. Get the shot no mattter. Can't stand around and wait for perfect.
    Michael
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2011
    Interesting photo I have never heard of such a tree, nor have I ever seen one for that matter.

Good perspective.
  • leilanimrleilanimr Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2011
    For those unfamiliar with this particular tree species it would great to see a tighter shot of the blooms.
  • NurseLoafNurseLoaf Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2011
    For anyone interested, here are some much tighter shots of the blooms.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=210368

Stumbled across this thread on the related threads under my thread.