Glacier National Park

Robin the HoodRobin the Hood Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited September 9, 2011 in Landscapes
I figured I would jump in here with both feet with my first post! :D I had the opportunity to spend 3 glorious days exploring and photographing Glacier National Park. If you have never been there I would highly suggest it, it is one of the most awe inspiring places :jawdropI have been in my lifetime. Please enjoy Glacier National Park through my eyes!

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    Great photos! I'm amazed you got so close to some of those, especially the mountain goats. I know how elusive those things are. thumb.gif
  • Robin the HoodRobin the Hood Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 7, 2011
    schmoo wrote: »
    Great photos! I'm amazed you got so close to some of those, especially the mountain goats. I know how elusive those things are. thumb.gif

I have some more shots of the goats, but as far as getting close... it wasn't even an issue, I was able to get within a couple of feet of them. In fact I had one goat that was walking on the "path" in the opposite direction and he just kept right on walking as we passed each other at about 18"...ne_nau.gif They are so used to humans being up there they don't even care.

I had a VERY close encounter with a Big Horn Sheep in the damn PARKING LOT at Logan's Pass... this was a VERY VERY large ram and he kept putting his head down and walking right at me like he was gonna charge me, last thing I wanted was to get knocked on my ass rolleyes1.gif

This is him...
    304463_2366811217515_1467475777_32782472_6268503_n.jpg
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    Very nice series Robin, you are correct it is a beautiful place.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2011
    Wow! I don't think I've seen a shot of a ram like that so close. Great story and glad he had no ill intent. lol3.gif