Moose - C&C Appreciated

vequeveque Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited September 9, 2011 in Wildlife
3-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    Fairly good subject in some very difficult light. I like the water dropping from the moose's mouth. The light was behind the moose so the side facing you is fairly dark and w/o details.

Comp wise in this capture it would be more effective if the moose was more towards the upper left corner. I would try to clone out the distracting vegetation on the moose's right flank.

This picture is a good lesson in the difficulties of wildlife photography. You get a great subject in an interesting moment and the damn beast is backlit with some obscuring elements in front of it. If our subjects would give us some cooperation it would be so much easier.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2011
    Harryb wrote: »
    Fairly good subject in some very difficult light. I like the water dropping from the moose's mouth. The light was behind the moose so the side facing you is fairly dark and w/o details.

Comp wise in this capture it would be more effective if the moose was more towards the upper left corner. I would try to clone out the distracting vegetation on the moose's right flank.

This picture is a good lesson in the difficulties of wildlife photography. You get a great subject in an interesting moment and the damn beast is backlit with some obscuring elements in front of it. If our subjects would give us some cooperation it would be so much easier.

Harry's been saying this for Years, and he is right on thumb.gif
  • Options
    vequeveque Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited September 9, 2011
    Thanks for the comments and I agree with you.