Photoshoot in NYC

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited October 19, 2005 in People
her name is fay (aka roo) and we had a fun photoshoot around downtown manhattan today. i just wanted to post this picture really quick because it reminded me of some of yuri's work. this is straight out of the camera, completely untouched. digital rebel, tamron 28-75 2.8, and i don't remember if i was using a circular polarizer or my brand new neutral density filter.

please tell me what you think, there's a lot more to come.

40257338-L.jpg

thanks

Comments

• rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2005
    I would crop the left a little but I love it. She has a face I'd love to photograph...Beautiful and interesting eyes too. I love the way the city is 'frozen' behind her it really adds to the shot IMO
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2005
    I would have shot in portrait orientation, I think.

Like the expression.. nice complexion, too.
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2005
    rahmonster wrote:
    She has a face I'd love to photograph...Beautiful and interesting eyes too.
    ever since i met this girl at a party in march, i've been dying to take more pictures of her. i had taken two of her at that party, and i loved them both. i was really excited for today's shoot and she was too. she was a lot of fun to work with.
    Owen wrote:
    I would have shot in portrait orientation, I think.

Like the expression.. nice complexion, too.
    don't worry i have many more pictures of her in portrait, i happen to like that one in landscape because it shows the scene behind her. i think it would maybe be better if she wasn't centered. and her skin is incredible, possibly flawless.

thanks.
    edited October 17, 2005
    if you guys wouldn't mind too much, go to
    http://binghott.smugmug.com/gallery/888816
    and check out some more pictures.
    i'll be posting more on here, but i want to know if there are any that you like.

thanks.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2005
    Nice work!
  • ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2005
    Great model great shot I played with it a bit I hope you dont mind.Working on my post work your shot was inspirational.
  • chrisjleechrisjlee Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2005
    I'm not an expert
    but does anyone else think that the bright blue color is distracting?

Nevertheless, great shot.
    ---
    Chris
    Detroit Wedding Photography Blog
    Canon 10D | 20D | 5D
  • robscomputerrobscomputer Registered Users Posts: 326 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2005
    Great pictures! I would like to recommend another setting, maybe a coffee shop or book store, with nice soft lighting, placing her near the window. Also she has beautiful eyes that could stand out more with a fill flash. Just an idea.

Rob
    Enjoying photography since 1980.
    edited October 19, 2005
    Great pictures! I would like to recommend another setting, maybe a coffee shop or book store, with nice soft lighting, placing her near the window. Also she has beautiful eyes that could stand out more with a fill flash. Just an idea.

Rob
    i'll post more in other settings, check the gallery i posted in a previous post ^^. i didn't shoot her inside, however i shot another girl the next day and for part of the shoot we were in a record store which was a great setting. i agree with you that a flash would help pull out the eyes, and i'm not afraid to use it, but i just love natural using light. i think i maybe need to start using a reflector.

thanks for the comments.