need help with godaddy please help me

pal20007pal20007 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited September 9, 2011 in The Big Picture
hello,
i have windows hosting account with godaddy and i want move to Linux

my old web was asp and the new one php

i wrote all the php files

my question :
do i have to delete all the asp files and upload new php files (before) moving to Linux ?
because i am afraid that if anyone entered any asp page he will see the source code after changing to Apache

and i don't know when the moving presses will end to delete the asp files directly after the moving ends

but i also don't want delete my asp file from this day because the moving presses may take up to 72 hours, and if i delete the files my web will stop working

so if anyone moved his hosting plan before please help me what will happen if anyone entered my asp old files while i am on Apache and what should i do before and after moving

thanks in advanced

Comments

• Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2011
    pal20007 wrote: »
    hello,
    i have windows hosting account with godaddy and i want move to Linux

my old web was asp and the new one php

i wrote all the php files

my question :
    do i have to delete all the asp files and upload new php files (before) moving to Linux ?
    because i am afraid that if anyone entered any asp page he will see the source code after changing to Apache

and i don't know when the moving presses will end to delete the asp files directly after the moving ends

but i also don't want delete my asp file from this day because the moving presses may take up to 72 hours, and if i delete the files my web will stop working

so if anyone moved his hosting plan before please help me what will happen if anyone entered my asp old files while i am on Apache and what should i do before and after moving

thanks in advanced
    Sorry, I'm not familiar with what you're needing to do.. :(
    Unless one of the other Dgrinners knows the answer, have you tried GoDaddy's forum or support?
    http://community.godaddy.com/forums
    http://community.godaddy.com/support
  • Options
    pal20007pal20007 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 9, 2011
    thank you :)