Options

Site Feedback

MelGattisMelGattis Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited September 10, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
Hello friends. I just did a major overhaul on my site and was just hoping to get some constructive criticism on the site feel and look. If there are things I really need to add, change or remove, PLEASE feel free to share your opinions with me. My friends say..."It's really nice" but that doesn't really help me. Don't worry about being gentle with me...I'm thick skinned and really trying to make a go of this photography business. I also recognize I'm covering a lot of areas but considering I'm not making money from anything else right now (layed off) I need to cover various types of photography to build up my equipment and pay my bills. Thank you.

Mel

www.sunrydah.com

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,462 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2011
    Your logo is covering up some of your navigation links, and that's with a 1024 x 768 monitor.

I can't find your name, your location or what you do. I prefer seeing this on the home page, but adding an 'About Me' page can work.

If your trying to generate new clients via your website, then read my SEO link in my sig. At least change your element.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited September 9, 2011
    Looks good to me. I always cringe when somebody says they've overhauled their site because it usually means something garish and Flashy. But yours is clean and intuitive. The logo and header links were well separated on my monitor which is larger than Mike's. But even if I resize the window smaller, the links show through the logo and still work, so I think it's ok. Your pricing page has plenty of detail about your services which is good, and your location can be determined by your Facebook page. But you should add an About page which contains a brief bio and your location so that folks don't have to hunt around for that stuff.
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2011
    Thank you guys. I guess I need to reach out to Jfriendl or Allen to ask about code adjustments. I'm using the stretchy slide show and may have to change that. Mike I'll check out your SEO link and I agree with both of you guys comments that I need a BIO page a least. I think I'll add a bio page next. Was going to add some music but after reading some comments on other threads I decided against it. Mike, I guess the reason for changing the title element will be in the SEO read. If not, please inform me why I'd want to do this. Thank you VERY MUCH guys!!!
  • Options
    edited September 10, 2011
    SunRydah wrote: »
    Thank you guys. I guess I need to reach out to Jfriendl or Allen to ask about code adjustments. I'm using the stretchy slide show and may have to change that. Mike I'll check out your SEO link and I agree with both of you guys comments that I need a BIO page a least. I think I'll add a bio page next. Was going to add some music but after reading some comments on other threads I decided against it. Mike, I guess the reason for changing the title element will be in the SEO read. If not, please inform me why I'd want to do this. Thank you VERY MUCH guys!!!

That has nothing to do with your logo and navigation links. You need to shrink you logo by about 25% or reduce the font size of your nav text....or use a drop-down nav bar.
  • Options
    SunRydah wrote: »
    Mike, I guess the reason for changing the title element will be in the SEO read. If not, please inform me why I'd want to do this. Thank you VERY MUCH guys!!!

Yes. People are going to search (Google) a photographer in your town/city/state. They are not going to search for your name, especially if they don't know you to begin with. Make sense?
  • Options
    Yes. People are going to search (Google) a photographer in your town/city/state. They are not going to search for your name, especially if they don't know you to begin with. Make sense?

Yes sir! :D
  • Options
    Hey guys. I've added the about you page, linked it in the Nav Bar and made the changed in the title for Google purposes. I made the distance between the words shorter but then added the link which kicked it right back out. I think I'll center the Banner and place the nave bar below it. Take a look at the about me page if you wouldn't mind and tell me what you think. Thank a bunch.

Mel
  • Options
    Good Morning all. I was hoping someone may be able to help me with a code issue. I'd like to drop my navbar below my logo and center them both. Maybe someone could suggest the proper code changes to do so and opinions on if this looks better then the current layout which seems to be overlapping. Also, I've signed up for Google Analytics and was instructed to put the code snippet just below the closing header. Problem is, I can't find it. Laughing.gif. Maybe someone could also suggest where I should place this. Thanks in advance.