Options

Proof Replace by Order

hilltopperdadhilltopperdad Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited September 18, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is there an enhancement in the queue to allow photographers to replace the photo within the order without affecting the photos within the gallery? This would be such a huge help to allow replacement of an incorrectly cropped image without replacing the original image within the gallery.

Currently when you replace the image during proofing, it replaces the image in the gallery. I only want to replace the image on the order, not the gallery.

thanks,

Hilltopperdad

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2011
    You can replace the image, full res - then crop in the order screen - that's really the best way to handle it.
  • Options
    hilltopperdadhilltopperdad Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 10, 2011
    I understand this capability. Here is the issue, I have someone order 2 of the same image one to crop at 8x10 and the other to crop @ 5x7... the image was designed @ 8x10 and will not crop appropriately @ 5x7. If I replace the image with a 5x7 crop version, the 8x10 image will be incorrect. I need to replace the images within the order, not on the gallery... and replace them within the line of the order separately.

I hope this clarifies the issue.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2011
    Hi, you replace the photo with your full resolution uncropped file. Then for each item in the order, you can crop as needed in the proof delay screen. Need more help - we're happy to assist! Write us the help desk, http://help.smugmug.com thanks.
  • Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Hi, you replace the photo with your full resolution uncropped file. Then for each item in the order, you can crop as needed in the proof delay screen. Need more help - we're happy to assist! Write us the help desk, http://help.smugmug.com thanks.

I agree with the original poster... the proof delay feature should let us replace a photo for that particular order without affecting the gallery. We should be able to upload a version for each product ordered. Messing up the crop of the displayed photo is not the only issue. Signatures, vignettes, sharpening, color, etc. Recently got the same photo (a collage) ordered as 5x7 and coffee mug. Couldn't create separate versions like I wanted to. And the display copy ended up in a funny aspect ratio to suit multiple crops. Not what I wanted to display.

Dave
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2011
    There's a suggestion for this on our feedback pages:
    http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/915663-replace-photo-should-be-replace-for-one-product-on?ref=title
    You're welcome to add your vote and comment to it. That'll help us to keep track of all suggestions in one place.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero