Options

My first attempt with Orton Imagery

brancaleonebrancaleone Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited September 12, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
This my first product of Orton experiment, take it for what it is, I know it is a modest result but as with all photo manipulations you need a lot of trials and errors. Does anyone remember when in the "dark room" we were playing with "solarizations" or silhouette as it is called now?
Comments and critique are very welcome because they will not stop me to try this again. And Again. Eventually I will improve. :clap
I hope.

Thank you Sherstone for the idea.

Comments

• Options
    CHANDLERJACHANDLERJA Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2011
    Love the subject! For me the greens are a bit to saturated. I would try reducing the green saturation a bit and maybe dropping the exposure a bit as well.
    Jeromy
    http://snaptx.smugmug.com/
    Light is everything in life and photography.
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    I agree with ChandlerJA - love the idea but too neon. GP
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    I agree with the others - a little too saturated. You have achieved a different effect from some of the other postings - a bit more like a drawing. I like it.
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    I've noticed that "Ortonish" tends to be a bit over-saturated. I used to use that option in Picnik and it was always overly colorful. Most of the time I tuned it down, but once in a while there was some room to let it go. With so much green in this one, you might want to tone it down a bit.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/