In Search of Thunder Boomers

bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
edited September 15, 2011 in Landscapes
It's been a while since I've posted here. I've been way too busy and haven't been able to pick up my camera anywhere near as often as I would like. Hopefully more shooting time in the future. :D

I picked up a new back country off road trailer and took it out this last weekend on a shakedown camping trip in hopes of catching some of the last Arizona Monsoon storms. I found them but the lighting turned out to be imbedded in heavy rain so the lighting was not visible until it was on top of me. At that point it was raining so hard I wasn't about to stay out trying for a shot. All fun times none the less.

The campsite in early morning light.
Redington-Pass-0911-3-L.jpg

The afternoon build ups.
Redington-Pass-0911-1-2-L.jpg

Redington-Pass-0911-8-L.jpg

Redington-Pass-0911-9-L.jpg

Roxy helping me watch for brewing weather. :D
Redington-Pass-0911-12-L.jpg

My only lightning capture from the porch...not so good this time. :cry
MG2366-Edit-L.jpg

The bonus after the storm when the clouds broke and moon came out around 3:30 AM.
Redington-Pass-0911-17-L.jpg

Headed home dry and safe. :barb
Redington-Pass-0911-24-L.jpg

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2011
    Brad- the trailer shots are pretty cool. Where do you have more pics of the trailer?

You willing to haul that thing up to Page near end of year for a photo trip?
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2011
    Hi Aaron, thanks. It's a Kimberley Karavan from Australia. First one imported to the US.clap.gif

Ton more pics and info here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/61679-Birth-of-My-Kimberley-Karavan

And here: http://www.blog.kimberleykaravans.com/

I already have plans for a trip North in October. My son competes in a Triathlon in Page on Oct 22nd. My wife I are driving up there to support him and then heading to Alstrom point for a night followed by a few days in Southern Utah that I am still trying to plan out. Currently thinking about Zion unless I hear better suggestions for S Utah destinations with photo ops.
  • Art MorganArt Morgan Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2011
    Hey Brad, it's nice to see you back here!

Congrats on the awesome new trailer--it looks like it will definately allow you to go and stay anywhere you choose for as long as you want to be there!

What could be better than working on the day's captures, in the comfort of your trailer, while dinner simmers on the diesel fired stove? :ivar
    edited September 13, 2011
    Thanks Scott. Yep, now all I need to do is find the time off from work and the $$ to go play. Sadly not enough of either right now. ne_nau.gif
  • IslandcrowIslandcrow Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2011
    I really like #7. Just a lot of depth to that photo. I think it's actually giving me a little bit of vertigo looking at it. . .in a good way, though.
    edited September 14, 2011
    Thanks, I appreciate your feedback.

I have several versions of that shot. With the 10-22 wide angle lens pointing mostly skyward, combined with the fast moving clouds it does effect me the same way.

Let me know if you want to see some of the other similar images. But you should take your motion sickness meds first. :D
  • choudhrysaabchoudhrysaab Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2011
    beautiful shots and the clouds look so MEAN :D