My son Riley

devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
edited October 18, 2005 in People
Here's a photo of my son Riley taken with my 20D and 50 1.4...

40345942-L.jpg

This is one of the first uploads from my 20D, so I am interested in feedback about the raw conversion,etc.

Thanks,

David
David Parry
SmugMug API Developer
My Photos

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2005
    devbobo wrote:
    Here's a photo of my son Riley taken with my 20D and 50 1.4...

This is one of the first uploads from my 20D, so I am interested in feedback about the raw conversion,etc.

Thanks,

David
    Hi David.. what a lovely boy... nice compostion and color.. it looks a little out of focus on my screen, I'm not expert for sure but maybe that very thin line of focus at 1.4 focused on his hair and just missed his eyes? I'm not sure tho..thumb.gif
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 17, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi David.. what a lovely boy... nice compostion and color.. it looks a little out of focus on my screen, I'm not expert for sure but maybe that very thin line of focus at 1.4 focused on his hair and just missed his eyes? I'm not sure tho..thumb.gif
    Hey Lynn,

Thanks...i reckon you're right. Can't remember why I had the aperture set to 1.4 ne_nau.gif

Live and learn icon10.gif

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2005
    tilted?
    david

you have nice looking kid
    devbobo wrote:
    Hey Lynn,

Thanks...i reckon you're right. Can't remember why I had the aperture set to 1.4

..maybe becuase you were wanting to experiment with shallow DOF-was the camera lense flat against the plane of his face or tilted-if it was tilted that might explain the OOF.

ne_nau.gif
    Greg
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.