the moon, the clouds, an app =

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited September 22, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
So I found out how dirty my sensor was after taking pics of this sky. I tried to sweep the background but you can see some funky streaks easily in the color version. Maybe with a bit more patience I can correct it. I did all post production with the black/white on the iPad. Using the app & iPad brought back a little more joy to post production. :wink Not too bad for an app! It could use some contrast and a bit more tweaking maybe but I got called in to the dr. office so play time was over.

DSC5050a-XL.jpg

moon-cloud-XL.jpg

Comments

• BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2011
    Oh yea I've seen that before lol Can you post the image as it was shot without any post processing, then I will be able to help you out with what I would do.
  • BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2011
    BTW this is a cool shot! You can make this look good. thumb.gif
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2011
    Thanks for your kind remarks. I'll get back to this one and repost, but feel free to clean this if possible.

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2011
    Good shot Eiathumb.gif
    edited September 16, 2011
    Thanks Azzaro. I cropped it and cleaned it a bit more.

DSC5050c-XL.jpg
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    Looks good. thumb.gif
  • theprincereturnstheprincereturns Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    I like the wide format better as well. It highights the subject a little better and my eye is drawn along the clouds better as well.
    Richard wrote: »
    Looks good. thumb.gif
    I like the wide format better as well. It highights the subject a little better and my eye is drawn along the clouds better as well.

Thanks much! I too prefer the cropped just because it brings the eye to themoon...usually I like the vastness of sky though..
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2011
    Eia wrote: »
    Thanks Azzaro. I cropped it and cleaned it a bit more.

DSC5050c-XL.jpg

Cropping it helped it....When I first saw the pic. I felt it was a little to much skythumb.gif
  • clickin girlclickin girl Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2011
    I just saw this thread and wanted to ask a question. The "streaks" you are referring to, is that the sensor being dirty? I get this a lot in my lightening pics and darker pictures and always just thought it was digital noise and nothing I could do about it! It greatly annoys me because I have a lot of awesome shots except for those weird patches! I have a Canon 7d and it is only about a year old and it cleans the sensor when I turn it off and on. I never thought about it being the sensor.
    edited September 21, 2011
    I just saw this thread and wanted to ask a question. The "streaks" you are referring to, is that the sensor being dirty? I get this a lot in my lightening pics and darker pictures and always just thought it was digital noise and nothing I could do about it! It greatly annoys me because I have a lot of awesome shots except for those weird patches! I have a Canon 7d and it is only about a year old and it cleans the sensor when I turn it off and on. I never thought about it being the sensor.

The streaks are from my attempt to clean the dirt and spots in Processing. But I do have a huge dust streak along with the spots. I turned that option off but i do tell it to clean after every outing. I just took the camera in today for a cleaning - much easier than trying to clean the image in post process! :D
  • marionetmarionet Registered Users Posts: 382 Major grins
    The Man in the Moon is definitely saying, "Oooo, look at those beautiful clouds!"
    marionet wrote: »
    The Man in the Moon is definitely saying, "Oooo, look at those beautiful clouds!"

So I ask....what element stands out more; the moon or clouds:D ?
  • PhotoGUY123PhotoGUY123 Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited September 22, 2011
    Looking at it a couple of times, the element that stands out more to me is the clouds. The moon is noticed once I scanned left of center from the clouds. I am curious how the image would look with a vertical crop and the moon in the left third of the frame. Sometimes changing the crop to a vertical can make the difference and create a balance between the elements.
    edited September 22, 2011
    Looking at it a couple of times, the element that stands out more to me is the clouds. The moon is noticed once I scanned left of center from the clouds. I am curious how the image would look with a vertical crop and the moon in the left third of the frame. Sometimes changing the crop to a vertical can make the difference and create a balance between the elements.

I do have a vertical shot but it was 'boring'! So I thought.....