Help please ..

iAbooDziAbooDz Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited September 14, 2011 in Cameras
Hi guys, i posted an old thread here before asking about the 40D ..

I now have a Canon 550D with the 18-55 lens.
I really need to have new lenses and currently i'm out of cash.. I found a Canon 40D with an 18-55 lens, a 55-250 lens, a canon battery grip and a 4GB Memory card.

I could get that if i sold my Canon 550D with the lens. I don't use the movie recording cuz i already have another HD Camera. And I do need the fast continuos shooting.

So, What do you guys think !?

Comments

• cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2011
    Stay with the camera you have. The 550D is 18MP, Digic IV, and video. The 40D is 10MP, Digic III and no video.

The 40D is a larger camrea, with what I think is superior layout and handling. It did have a better focus that the xxxD, but the 550D has similar if not better now. A 7D would be an upgrade from your 550D, but I don't think the 60D would.

Focus on getting better glass. The 55-250 is a convenience lens, for those that want a few 'do it all' lenses vs quality of image. The nice thing about glass is that it is transferable between bodies, and good glass improves any camera body.
  • paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
    Also, the original 18-55 (in comparison to the newer ones) is not a very good lens.
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    iAbooDz wrote:
    I really need to have new lenses

Why? Selling your kit will get you one new lens. The 55-250 is not that great. If you REALLY need a telephoto zoom, then maybe it is a good trade. But... buying that kit will get you a battery grip. You don't mention that you need a battery grip. The battery grip will just take money away from getting the new lenses that you need.

More info? ear.gif
  • iAbooDziAbooDz Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited September 14, 2011
    Ummmm
    Thanks guys for your replies ..

Guess I'll just news ti find a way to get money :P

@ThatCanonGuy
    Bro you have a nice gear :D