Options

Performers

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited September 15, 2011 in Street and Documentary
Been cleaning up my smugmug, have a long way to go still and realized I never added these two shots from the beginning of the year. I don't think I thought much of them when I took them.
As I look at them w/ fresh eyes, I decided to post them. I like them together, but it's #2 I like the most.

On a sidenote, it was hysterical to see some of my street shots from 09 when I first picked up my camera and in particular B.D's first assignment "Don't move your feet and shoot w a 50mm or less". I cracked up pretty good at my results.

sp-4-3-L.jpg

sp-6-3-L.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2011
    #2 yes but #1 has the whole scene, with added BK joy thumb.gif

both good
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    Really nice work, Liz. Just enough background detail to add interest without distracting from the main subject. I just wish you had aimed a tad lower in #1.
  • Options
    evanlavineevanlavine Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    I really love number 2. It is a powerful shot of the performer, perhaps pumping himself up to entertain. The strong determination in face is captured well. Number 1 doesn't work for me - the crop on the foot sort of takes away from capturing him in action - I guess this reflects what Richard means?
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    evanlavine wrote: »
    the crop on the foot sort of takes away from capturing him in action - I guess this reflects what Richard means?
    Sort of. I don't think the rest of the shoe is important in itself, but I see this as a dance pose, and I think they need some room at the bottom to anchor and frame the subject properly.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2011
    Thanks all. #2 is hands down my favorite also.
    I agree w/ everyone about #1 being chopped off at the bottom takes away from the shot--so close.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2011
    I like #1. .(period). You are very close (clap.gif)with a wide angle capturing what looks like someone slipping on a banana peel -- good slapstick comedy. This may not be happening (like it is part of a fancy dance move), which makes the shot even better. And I have cut off so many shoes, hands, heads, etc. that I begin to think of saying that it is my personal style rather than admit I did not take that into account in my rush to get close with a wide angle lens.

#2 does little for me: Likely because his expression is interesting but just his stage face. So after initial viewing, little more to explore. Best part of shot is the audience completely ignoring him.