Options

Orton Attempts

StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
edited September 16, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Okay...I am inspired to at least give this a shot. Last night, I wandered around my property and I tried to see what I could do with the motion effect. Please let me know what you think! Do any of the images have potential?

(Funny thing: I have terrible vision and so usually struggle to make things as sharp as they should be...but this time 'round I kept looking at things on my screen and wasn't sure if they were as blurred as they should be! Kind of gives me a headache...but I am having fun playing around.)

Orton-Motion-Effect-2-2-of-3-L.jpg

Orton-Motion-Effect-2-3-of-3-L.jpg

Orton-Motion-Effect-2-1-of-3-L.jpg

Orton-Motion-Effect-1-of-10-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited September 13, 2011
    So glad you found time to play with this challenge! As you know, the response to shots for this challenge are very subjective. I like all of them and the colors in #1 and #2 are refreshingly different, but my favorite is #3. Having seen a fair number of motion effect shots, I am drawn to those that hint at shapes and this one worked for me. I took several shots (of flowers) similar to #4 and felt like they made me a bit "dizzy" so I'm not as drawn to that one even though it is well done. With the first two, I wonder whether it would help to use levels on them (if you haven't), increase the contrast, or just brighten them a bit? Good luck with this!
  • Options
    cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    I like #3. It has great "windy" look.
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    #3! It reminds me of horsetail ferns.
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,278 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2011
    I'm also really liking the colors/patterns in #3.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2011
    3 is nice I am drawn to the #1
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/