Meet Brooke

Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
edited September 18, 2011 in People
Long time since I've posted in here. Recently did a shoot with Brooke. Haven't processed anything but this one so far. Thoughts? :B Just posted the original with it too.

1.Brooke-1-L.jpg 2.Brooke-1-Original-L.jpg
Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
Dreamin' of a resolution!:D

Comments

• Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2011
    Now I remember why I don't post very often. Lol! And I see they took away the view counter. :B
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    I'm glad you commented, because I missed this post before. I'm very much liking the color, and the trail leading off into the background. The model seems very natural to me and I like her intense gaze. The twig across her leg at the bottom of the frame bugs me a little, but that's nit picking. I also wish I could see the hand on the tree at least a little. I look forward to seeing more from this shoot.
  • Molotov EverythingMolotov Everything Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    I'm not a portrait shooter by any means but I think the only thing I don't like about this is the way her dress falls, it makes her body look very rectangular. It has nothing to do with the way you shot the photo (which I think looks great as far as lighting, setting and perspective goes), but I'm thinking if maybe the dress could be cinched in at her waist a bit or maybe she rotated to be at more of an angle to the lens so there were more curves and less rectangle it would have been better.
    I'm just hypothesizing though.
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2011
    Nice shotclap.gif

I think it might help if you cropped some off the bottom.

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    www.icurdigital.com
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    my thoughts? she is pretty, the light looks nice, the background is nice. I am not digging the pose..it's as if you got in her in between poses while she is fixing her hair. Also her face and hair rally pop from rest of the image..too much so imo. her face and hair are much more saturated in appearance then rest of the image which has desaturated look
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
    Excellent points all the way around. Good thing I saved it with all it's individual layers. I'll tweak it soon and repost. Thanks! :B
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
  • garratt15agarratt15a Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited September 16, 2011
    If you hold the mouse pointer over the Last Post date and time, it will show you the number of comments and views.
    Nice girl by the way.

Hope this helps.
    Andy
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    I agree with Quarik, but it in general looks soft to me... Might just be me.
    Canon Fan
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    I've had to look at it several times, but I've finally figured out what it is that's bugging me in among the attractive girl, the pretty setting and nice lighting: her legs show she's actually quite slim, but she is obviously really big up top and she has the dreaded "Double Boob" syndrome which can unfortunately occur with ill-fitting bras/tanks. It's particularly noticeable on camera right, where a piece of hair/shadow has emphasised the effect (in fact, I think if you were to clone that out you could greatly minimize the appearance of it).

The setting is absolutely gorgeous - where'd you find all those pretty autumn colours in Arizona? :giggle
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    Overall not a bad shot. Very cute model.
    Tilted to the right and the dress and chest look blown on my monitor. I like the overall soft foggy look...hope that was your intent.
    The pose looks like she is playing with her hair....which rarely works since the shot is static makes it look like she is holding her hand their in an odd place. Her arm straight down would have probably worked better.

A shot with potential.
    edited September 18, 2011
    Before and after....
    Ok, sorry for the late response. Specially after complaining of no comments when I first posted this. Lol! But I wanted to spend some time on this reply. Hope everyone is still willing to chime in. First off, here's the original and my edit....
    Brooke-1-Original-M.jpg Brooke-1-M.jpg

I've been inspired lately with a local photographer named Amanda Diaz. I know people don't like to click on links, but I don't feel comfortable posting her work without consent. Anyways, her style, specially when it comes to fashion shots, really has me intrigued. Which is where my hazy layer comes from. I've tried to convince her to take some paid mentoring lessons with me, but haven't recieved a straight yes or no yet.

The model, this was her very first shoot. So for posing, this is a shot where I caught her inbetween movements. Just happened to be the better of what she was doing. Lol! She's not entirely at fault, for my directing skill aren't top notch because of my inexperience. This was TFP for both of us. Zoomer commented on her chest being blown out, I left it somewhat bright, hoping it would detract from that area of the photo. She's very well endowed in that area, as you can see, and I didn't want that to be the main focus of the image.

One more shot that I'm not completely satisfied with....
    Brooke-new-liquified-L.jpg
    I didn't realize till after the shoot and we were walking back to the parking lot, that she had really put on a lot of make up. So much that when her hair blew back in the wind, I could see the drastic color change behind her ear. And I've been struggling to match up her face with the rest of her body. Kind of like trying to match up a farmers tan. Ugh! Anyways, I'm hoping to spend a good amount of time tomorrow processing this shoot. If there's any interest, I'll post some more. Oh! And any tips on how to process in the above photographers style, would be greatly appreciated. Not looking to so much as copy her, but I'd love to blend some of her techniques with my own. Thanks for your patience everyone. Oh! And Diva, I'm from Alberta. Lol! As you can see, the pretty autumn colors came from a hues adjustment layer. :B
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2011
    Why did I think you were in Arizona?! No idea - must've read "AB" as "AZ" in a moment of total aberration rolleyes1.gif

In any case, can I just say these two pictures are an object lesson in how a DRESS can change the subject's figure so dramatically? I really don't think it's the pose (although that helps too) as much as the way the garment fits/flatters - instead of hanging away from her hip, it accentuates her waist curve so you can see it. Soooo much better. In the white one, she looks very disproportionate, and a bit like a fridge with thin legs. In the black/multi, she looks like a well-proportioned, pretty lady.

At this size, I can't see the difference in face vs body - on my monitor, looks fine. thumb.gif

The shot you linked to is nice - looks to me like she was shooting right into early or late direct (but low) sun to get the flare and rim-lighting. Seems to me you had an overcast day, so it would be tough to recreate that look.

To my eye, your 2nd shot could benefit from cropping out the sky - the interest is in the subject and the colours. Makes a very nice square crop, in fact or, if you take a little more off the bottom, a nice landscape shot.