San Jose House Fire

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited September 15, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
This afternoon I hear the fire trucks turn down my street, as I stepped out my door I could smell the smoke. Grabbed the camera and ran to the next street over.

Here are thee images I got.

Sam

i-2rzWv3C-M.jpg

i-WKGhcsS-M.jpg

i-dg65CGn-M.jpg

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited September 13, 2011
    Man, this town seems to have a lot of house fires. We had one down by me a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, I wasn't as quick on the draw as you and didn't get any shots. Nice job. Bummer for the owners. The folks down our way lost everything.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2011
    Hopefully they didn't lose everything. As I was looking at this my son is down his block where a garage is burning.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    Sad when you see a house on fire.

Some nice shots Sam. I bet the firefighters would like copies. Especially if you have some wide shots with apparatus as well.

I saw there was a condo fire yesterday as well. The SJFD chief was talking about the recent staffing reductions and the fact there are only 116 firefighters on duty at any point in the day. 70something were called out to the condo fire leaving the department dangerously short staffed.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    ian408 wrote: »
    Sad when you see a house on fire.

Some nice shots Sam. I bet the firefighters would like copies. Especially if you have some wide shots with apparatus as well.

I saw there was a condo fire yesterday as well. The SJFD chief was talking about the recent staffing reductions and the fact there are only 116 firefighters on duty at any point in the day. 70something were called out to the condo fire leaving the department dangerously short staffed.

Thanks for reminding to call the fire department!! I forgot.

One really sad note was that as I arrived turned the camera on I saw a bunch of kids laughing and hooting each time the flames jumped up. Really sad that they have no understanding of the potential threat to life, and property. I think they have trouble seeing the difference between real life and video games.

Sam