Full moon scapes

mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
edited September 19, 2011 in Landscapes
I did have plans on doing star trails, but after realising it was going to be a full moon instead I gave these a go.

10 minute exposure
IMG3775-XL.jpg

30 second
IMG3756-XL.jpg

Final 10 minute exposure
IMG3778-XL.jpg

Had I checked the results in camera more carefully and noticed the trails I may have done a few more.
Thanks for taking a look, feel free to comment or critique. :thumb
May I take your picture?

Comments

• cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2011
    Great shots. I love the trails!
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.
  • choudhrysaabchoudhrysaab Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2011
    nice shots - very well captured :)

i gotta try these myself too sometime.
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    Hi thanks for posting these - very interesting photographs. I also have a 40D and I've been thinking of doing some long exposures. I've hesitated because I'm not sure what the best technique is. At the moment, I'm inclined to set things up to do repeated exposures of, say, 10sec every 20sec, mainly to try to control noise. But I really dunno. What did you do here?

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    NeilL wrote: »
    Hi thanks for posting these - very interesting photographs. I also have a 40D and I've been thinking of doing some long exposures. I've hesitated because I'm not sure what the best technique is. At the moment, I'm inclined to set things up to do repeated exposures of, say, 10sec every 20sec, mainly to try to control noise. But I really dunno. What did you do here?

Neil

all these were single exposures, I've never done full moon shots before so didn't experiment much. Just ran with what I'd read on-line. Star trails being much longer exposures seem to work better as multiple exposures joined in post to help with noise. Plus I wouldn't do 10 secs every 20sec because you'll end up with gaps in your trails, you want the exposures as close together as you can do.
    May I take your picture?
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2011
    That is incredible...and i want to try that!
  • mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2011
    Eia wrote: »
    That is incredible...and i want to try that!

Thanks Eia, at least with full moon photography it's easier to compose with the abundance of moon light. Than doing just star trails under no moon.
    May I take your picture?