Options

Sorry, dumb question about being social?

Karenl39Karenl39 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
edited October 28, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I've searched on here for awhile and don't have anymore time to try to figure this out. Under my control panel, it says be social settings. I have 3 accounts entered in for people to follow me. When I click on view your social accounts, it says none are listed and "go be social". I'm not sure I understand what I'm doing wrong that it says I don't have any social accounts?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2011
    Karen, love to help. What's your website? ear.gif
  • Options
    GregVGregV Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    This is my issue also. I had Facebook, but the Publish to facebook stalls on facebook logo and clicking it does nothing. So I deleted "Social Account" icon thinking I could add it again, but see no way of doing that.

GregVogelPhotography.com
    Greg V
    ...still figurin' it all out...

Greg Vogel Photography
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    Greg,
    A few people seem to be having an issue with publish to Facebook or authorizing Facebook. We've passed it on to our QA team for further investigation. For now I'm not aware of a workaround for the issue. If it still doesn't work in a day or two day, you can write our HelpDesk to see if we can help:
    http://help.smugmug.com/

Karen,
    "view your social accounts" is completely unrelated to the "follow me" feature. The Follow me links are shown in each gallery that has the share button showing. There's a "follow me" item in the share button that allows visitors to access your Facebook, Twitter or Blog.
    It's normal that there may be nothing listed in the "view your social accounts" screen.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    Greg,
    A few people seem to be having an issue with publish to Facebook or authorizing Facebook. We've passed it on to our QA team for further investigation. For now I'm not aware of a workaround for the issue. If it still doesn't work in a day or two day, you can write our HelpDesk to see if we can help:
    http://help.smugmug.com/

Karen,
    "view your social accounts" is completely unrelated to the "follow me" feature. The Follow me links are shown in each gallery that has the share button showing. There's a "follow me" item in the share button that allows visitors to access your Facebook, Twitter or Blog.
    It's normal that there may be nothing listed in the "view your social accounts" screen.

I have had the authorize issue for a while, tried several browsers, OS and machines and still had some issue. Thought it was a Beta issue and just let it go..
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    I have had the authorize issue for a while, tried several browsers, OS and machines and still had some issue. Thought it was a Beta issue and just let it go..

It's not a beta issue. Write our heroes David, we can help.
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2011
    I'm just getting up to speed on this and am running into the same issue. It keeps telling me to Go Be Social (great, now my website is joining my wife in nagging me about that ;) ). I figured I was just missing something.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk