Options

85 - Little Wings

sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
edited September 18, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well....I took some great floral images for this contest, but so did most of us :D, so I thought I'd try another tack.........
Sure would love some feedback on these if anyone has time!
1. checkeredmothortonps-M.png

2. whitemothorton2ps-M.jpg

3. whitemothorton1ps-M.jpg

I think that of the three, the first and last are the strongest.......
I love the way the orange hues translate and would love to find a monarch butterfly, but we're not seeing very many monarchs this year compared to the usual.
I don't know about you all, but I'm finding white the very dickens to work with in regards to the Orton effect......

Comments

• Options
    cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2011
    I like the first shots best. The orange pops. In the second shot, the whites are too washed with the BG, the third shot is better because of the BG, but the first is still my favorite.
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    Thanks, Chad! And then I'll throw in two of my florals just for kicks:
    4. sunflowers2creamorton-M.jpg

5. cosmosmixortonps-M.jpg
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    I like #1 and #5.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    #5 is my favorite of them all. Hard to give input on the butterflies when I'm viewing them on an iPhone, but would probably choose #3 or #1 if the butterfly shots were the only options. Good luck with it!