Dragons with GoldenOrfe

IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
edited September 20, 2011 in Holy Macro
As already mentioned by Phil, we headed out to some reserves that are not too far away at all from me. Had a good days shooting. Very interesting to see how the macro photographers with those crazy MPE's work :)

Anyway, here's a small selection of the images taken today (have more to process hehe)

Dragon Portrait - This is a crop of course. Slightly off centre but I'm still very pleased.

IMG5685.jpg

IMG5680.jpg

This is a natural light shot. Had to open up to F5, ISO 400 to get a decent shutter speed (of which I got a 1/125th)

IMG5645.jpg

Phil's Finger! :D (see his set of shots for his angle on this lovely little Dragon). Natural light again, 1/200th this time.

IMG5653.jpg

Comments

• GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited September 19, 2011
    good series ian, you got a good angle on my finger! lol

natural light shot best as i expected :D cant beat nl for larger bugs rolleyes1.gif
  • IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    Cheers Phil. I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised with the NL shots. my ageing 400D handled the natural light very nicely at ISO 400. I suspect this would be down to the more open aperture as even ISO 400 looks a bit nasty at smaller apertures. Wonder how 800 would look in similar condtions and exposure settings.
    Another set from todays shoot.

They seem to have suffered somwhat with some excess black areas which I think have impacted the quality somewhat. That said, I'm still pleased with them.

This is the flash used version of the first natural light shot in my first post. I have to admit, I prefer the natural light one :)

IMG5647.jpg

Background on this isn't as nice as I would like
    IMG5662.jpg

A little closer on the side profile
    IMG5652.jpg

Think she was warming up a little as she didn't fly away
    IMG5664.jpg

Not a Dragon, but in the location, there were hundred of spiders. I noticed this one shoot out and grab the fly that got caught in the web. Took a quick snapshot really.
    IMG5677.jpg
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2011
    Lovely series - looks like a good outing !
    Brian v.
    Cheers Brian. Indeed was a fun day.
  • opoyoopoyo Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    wow,sharp and i like the light so natural