Options

#85 - New Options for Orton Autumn - Please Help

sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
edited September 19, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Was in my hometown in the Chicago area this weekend and got two more autumn shots. Just got home this afternoon, so I am asking for input at the very last minute..... What might be my strongest entry for this challenge or which shot is your favorite in this set of Orton inspired shots?

Thanks,
Gretchen

This shot was my entry until tonight....
1. Embracing Autumn (motion)
i-Dsr5wG8-L.jpg

Current Entry
2a. Turning Leaves (Orton effect)
i-76dkbwk-L.jpg

[Edit: Posted a softer edit of 2 below.]

3. Could use Embracing Autumn or Turning Leaves for title (I love this motion shot!)
i-FzGVM7x-L.jpg

For comparison, here are the three other shots people have affirmed at one point or another:

4. Red Sky at Night, Sailors' Delight (the sunset shot some folks seemed to like)
i-fRhTR24-M.jpg

5. Liriope
i-LmH2Gd6-M.jpg

6. Once upon a Tree
i-gVsLGwL-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2011
    I love #2... but I think the leaves are way too sharp for the orton effect... maybe a little more softness there and it would be perfect! I would keep this version for yourself tho... I really love the colors and the sharpness of the leaves against the blurred back ground.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    I really like the motion in #3. #2 is a beautiful shot, but is a little sharp for the Orton Effect IMO.
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.
  • Options
    PedalGirl, thanks for your input on these. I have softer/blurrier edits of #2 and will post one below. I find it easier to evaluate the shots that are motion effect rather than the original Orton effect.

#2b
    i-KVf43sz-L.jpg
  • Options
    cbbr wrote: »
    I really like the motion in #3. #2 is a beautiful shot, but is a little sharp for the Orton Effect IMO.

Chad, thanks for giving me your thoughts on these. There is something about #3 that really appeals to me, and it is pretty much what I was trying to get. Autumn has always been my favorite season....
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    PedalGirl, thanks for your input on these. I have softer/blurrier edits of #2 and will post one below. I find it easier to evaluate the shots that are motion effect rather than the original Orton effect.

#2b
    i-KVf43sz-L.jpg

Yea, I think the softer one works better. Still love this photo!
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    Thanks, Lisa. I just entered the other one because I feel more confident re the Orton aspect of it, but I like this one very much as well.
  • Options
    Any thoughts on a title for this?

Turning Leaves? or stay with Embracing Autumn?
    i-FzGVM7x-L.jpg
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    I like Embracing Autumn as a title. And I like #3 a lot. Nice shots!