Grand Prismatic Abstract

dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
edited September 25, 2011 in Landscapes

Comments

• TreyHoffTreyHoff Registered Users Posts: 388 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2011
    I really like these abstract shots of GP. I think you could saturate it a bit....yet the pastel colors are very pleasing. Nice Job. Any more from GP?
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2011
    You asked for it you got it :)
    TreyHoff wrote: »
    I really like these abstract shots of GP. I think you could saturate it a bit....yet the pastel colors are very pleasing. Nice Job. Any more from GP?

IMG1008-XL.jpg

IMG1042-XL.jpg
    edited September 25, 2011
    These went over so well, that I have decided to post another rolleyes1.gif

Full View

IMG1025-XL.jpg

The Rim

IMG1092-XL.jpg
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    I really like #1 and agree with Trey you could bump the saturation a bit. I like how you have taken a slice of the geyser placed it on a diagonal to show of the beautiful layers of color. You did this on most of your pics and to me these small vignettes are much more interesting than a pic of the whole spring. your second image I almost like it best if the mountain is not visible in the background, cropped just where the fog ends. Good stuff all the way around and tough to find good compositions like you did.
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    I really like #1 and agree with Trey you could bump the saturation a bit. I like how you have taken a slice of the geyser placed it on a diagonal to show of the beautiful layers of color. You did this on most of your pics and to me these small vignettes are much more interesting than a pic of the whole spring. your second image I almost like it best if the mountain is not visible in the background, cropped just where the fog ends. Good stuff all the way around and tough to find good compositions like you did.

Thanks very much, Doug. I like your suggestion, and I made the change.thumb.gif
  • TreyHoffTreyHoff Registered Users Posts: 388 Major grins
    Oh yeah....that pano is perfect! I love "The Rim" shot too. It's perfect as is of course, but I still like just a tiny more sat :)
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    TreyHoff wrote: »
    Oh yeah....that pano is perfect! I love "The Rim" shot too. It's perfect as is of course, but I still like just a tiny more sat :)

Thanks Trey. I think most folks would agree with you on the sat, but my personal taste is that most amateur photos are way OVER SATURATED. This is purely subjective of course, but it is my view, and so I work hard at trying to keep saturation down. These particular photos are of extremely saturated subjects, naturally, and so I have attempted to portray them as they were. :D