Options

My 4th Wedding how'd I do?

trackaddicttrackaddict Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited September 21, 2011 in Weddings
This was my 4th wedding over all, I was using a D200 with 17-55 F2.8, D40x with 18-200mm and D70 with a 50mm. I loved the 17-55mm and felt like it gave me a much more professional sharpness than the 18-200 usually does. Plus the F2.8 with zoom is awesome.

ATG0132-L.jpg

ATG0060-L.jpg

ATG0221-L.jpg

ATG0490-L.jpg

I liked this photo a lot but there's something off and I just can't seem to put my tongue on it, simple tighter crop?

ATG0290-L.jpg

ATG0536-L.jpg

Let me know how well or horrible I did, again it was only my 4th wedding so I'm still figuring things out.

Comments

• Options
    innershellinnershell Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited September 20, 2011
    I am no wedding photographer, so take my feedback with a grain of salt. But many of your shots, you could have stepped back or zoomed out a bit to get more of the bride in the frame or capture more of the environment.

The one where the bride and groom kissing outside the church doors would have been better from farther out so that we can see what's going on with the men in uniform.
  • Options
    trackaddicttrackaddict Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    innershell wrote: »
    I am no wedding photographer, so take my feedback with a grain of salt. But many of your shots, you could have stepped back or zoomed out a bit to get more of the bride in the frame or capture more of the environment.

The one where the bride and groom kissing outside the church doors would have been better from farther out so that we can see what's going on with the men in uniform.

I actually have a bunch of picture zoomed out with the Marines holding the swords over them only issue was it was a fast happening thing, and the while the pictures is fine it just doesn't look lined up here take a look.

ATG0276-L.jpg
  • Options
    innershellinnershell Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    I actually have a bunch of picture zoomed out with the Marines holding the swords over them only issue was it was a fast happening thing, and the while the pictures is fine it just doesn't look lined up here take a look.

ATG0276-L.jpg

Personally, I think this is a much more interesting capture.
  • Options
    Sean EalySean Ealy Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited September 21, 2011