Options

Cinemagraph's = Very Cool

TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
edited September 22, 2011 in People
From the article -

These Cinemagraphs are more than a picture, but not quite a video. Their main goal is to visually illustrate a short story. To give you a comparison, think of the magical newspaper from the movie Harry Potter.

Now you are probably scratching your head and thinking how in the word are these different from a GIF(Graphics Interchange Format)? An animated .gif is usually a sequence of stills pulled from a video, combined together and repurposed into a .gif. Cinemagraphs are different because Jamie and Kevin use a single photograph while adding a living moment within it. The process takes many hours of manual editing

http://inspirationfeed.com/photography/35-beautifully-animated-photographs-a-k-a-cinemagraphs/
Canon Fan

Comments

• Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2011
    Thanks! Yes, interesting! I guess you need a computer to watch these on, couldn't just hang 'em on a wall, so he could sell them as wallpapers! But then again a real movie would do just as well or better, so why would he go to all the trouble!?

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    jarboedoggartjarboedoggart Registered Users Posts: 270 Major grins
    NeilL wrote: »
    Thanks! Yes, interesting! I guess you need a computer to watch these on, couldn't just hang 'em on a wall, so he could sell them as wallpapers! But then again a real movie would do just as well or better, so why would he go to all the trouble!?

Neil

commercial photography for websites immediately came to mind. Who is going to be the first on to make one for their smugmug header?
    -Nate
    Jarboe Doggart Photography - jarboedoggart.com
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    What a great idea!!!!
  • Options
    mjoshi123mjoshi123 Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    How do you make one ? My friend is into models and fashion shoot this might be something interesting for her to sell her work.
  • Options
    TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    ^ There are instructional links in the article :-)
    Canon Fan
  • Options
    RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    I've shown this to a couple photographer friends of mine. We all feel they are unique and interesting but kind of creepy. Very much a "Harry Potter" effect (in the movies, with the paintings that move). Might work best if your model is a zombie, or wizard.
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs