Options

Non-Smugmug Family and Friends?

SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
edited September 26, 2011 in SmugMug Support
I didn't see anything in the help about this, so I wanted to see if anyone has figured out a way to do this.

You can grant friends and family permissions on a gallery to edit captions and keywords. But your friends or family have to also be SM users. Anyone figured out a way to expand this to outside of SM users? Even with custom coding?

My challenge is this--after years of photographing cars and bikes, I have a very large number of photos. But none are keyworded by make, model, color, etc. This doesn't matter right now as everything is private. But I have plans in the near future to open up my SM galleries publicly and would like the spiders to index every single make, model, etc so they'll show up on searches. This will also allow me to make smart galleries for say '69 Camaro' and it will pull all the pictures I have for a 69 Camaro. This will instantly turn my 100k+ pictures into one of the world largest libraries of car and bike photos. The roadblock to this process is keywording, which I'll need to oursource on a mass scale, and I'd rather not use the assistant feature as that allows them to accidentally mess up and delete a gallery or whatever.

Any ideas or assistance appreciated.
Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!

Comments