Options

My friend Lindsay

TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
edited September 23, 2011 in People
I got together with my friend Lindsay the other day for me to work on taking shots of young ladies in 'non-sexual' ways. I do a lot of car model photography, so it's hard for me to come up with creative and not overly sexy poses because that's what I'm used to shooting.

Lindsay is really comfortable in front of the camera so we had fun. I LOVE :lust the fact that she showed up without a spot of makeup on, and she looked flawless! Let me know what you think! (I was having some bad focusing issues with my new Sigma 30mm 1.4, I think I might need to send it in to Sigma for them to take a look. :cry Anyone else have any experience with this lens?)

1z3qa7r.jpg
jfhpqc.jpg
1zyaf5w.jpg
5fg60h.jpg
15grzwy.jpg
#6 my attempt at a 'frame filler' while she was lying on a fountain, haha
20koi81.jpg

Laughing, Out-Take :-)
15zl7yc.jpg

And one more, I over processed this, but I still like it, haha
ngsi2g.jpg
Canon Fan

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2011
    I'm on my iPad and really hate typing on this stupid keyboard so I will only say this... The angles you shot from and the way you cropped all of them, except the last one, make her look like a lot bigger gal than I think she is. The last shot is the most flattering for her and she looks like a small gal.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    She actually is not a tiny girl, although I HATE to say she's big... :-/ The only photo here that is actually really that much cropped is #2... :-( I hate to admit it, but I did 'liquify' her quite a bit, but she is VERY busty.
    Canon Fan
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    Hi TenThirteen

Nice series

1) crop more off the right side
    2) I would like to have seen her in the reflection
    3) Great Photo
    4) Beautiful
    5) Crop more off the bottom
    6) Nice shot
    7) Crop more off the right side
    8) Crop more off the bottom

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    www.icurdigital.com
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    Your lens choice is not the best for portraits. Generally on a full crop sensor you would want a 75ish at least. Your 30 will distort your subject especially in close.
  • Options
    fredjclausfredjclaus Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    All I can say that hasn't already been said is this. She's a beautiful model. Your concepts are great but again, a 75-100mm lens would be better for portraits.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.992711,-78.962096
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer
    http://www.FredJClaus.com
    http://www.Fredjclaus.com/originals

Save on your own SmugMug account. Just enter Coupon code i2J0HIOcEElwI at checkout
  • Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2011
    I'm on my iPad and really hate typing on this stupid keyboard so I will only say this... The angles you shot from and the way you cropped all of them, except the last one, make her look like a lot bigger gal than I think she is. The last shot is the most flattering for her and she looks like a small gal.

Hilarious that I saw the same thing. All of the pics but the last one really allude to her being a plus sized lady. The last one made me wonder why the rest make her look so big. She looks significantly smaller in the last pic.

I didn't believe people about the compression with the 70-200 @ 200mm until I tried it myself. Have you tried a big zoom lens "racked out"?

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr