Options

mass copy of 191 galleries

gblottergblotter Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
edited September 26, 2011 in SmugMug Support
I have a daunting problem.

I am the webmaster of the SmugMug photo website for my children's school.

One of the parents at that school is an avid photographer. Over the years, he has compiled 191 galleries of school-related photos and loaded them on his personal SmugMug website.

We want to consolidate all those photos on the school website by doing a copy operation.

If it involved just a few galleries, I would simply use the 'Tools-->Download All' functionality. But for 191 galleries, that could take me many weeks.

Is there another way to copy these galleries from one site to the other? We don't want to share these galleries between sites - we want to duplicate them.

Help please.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2011
    gblotter wrote: »
    I have a daunting problem.

I am the webmaster of the SmugMug photo website for my children's school.

One of the parents at that school is an avid photographer. Over the years, he has compiled 191 galleries of school-related photos and loaded them on his personal SmugMug website.

We want to consolidate all those photos on the school website by doing a copy operation.

If it involved just a few galleries, I would simply use the 'Tools-->Download All' functionality. But for 191 galleries, that could take me many weeks.

Is there another way to copy these galleries from one site to the other? We don't want to share these galleries between sites - we want to duplicate them.

Help please.
    Contact Smug help, I think they can do this for you.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2011
    Greg, we can't copy them but we can move them from one site to another. Email our Heroes :) And, long time no talk, hope you are well!
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2011
    If you can wait until the middle of October, I'm working on a tool that should be able to make this decently easy.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!