Options

Could someone help me with a sunset?

MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
edited September 6, 2012 in Finishing School
Hey there,
I have a picture of my friend riding off into the sunset....but it was a misty day and the sunset actually didnt' happen until an hour later..lol- her mom wants to put it on a cake for her shower...but she wanted to know if I could add a sunset...ummmm....I tried using layers and a gradient map, and blending a picutre of a sunset with this picture, but I can't make it happen.
the picture is also blurry a bit-as she was riding away from me...my flash does not reach that far....
can anyone point me in the right direction or help me out? I really appreciate it...a lot :)
here is the pic
27sharpen.jpg
I did lighten it a good bit too...while trying to use the gradient map- I followed a tutorial...but like I said, it changed all the colors.
Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)

Comments

• Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2011
    Afraid it would take a miracle to put a sunset into that photo. I won't go into all the obstacles...this photo is not a good candidate for such an operation.
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    You can make the sky a little bluer without too much trouble. Use "smart brush" and "blue skies"
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    zoomer wrote: »
    Afraid it would take a miracle to put a sunset into that photo. I won't go into all the obstacles...this photo is not a good candidate for such an operation.

I didn't think so either...mom knows...she will just use what is there. Thanks tho...just wanted to see if there were any quick fixes, or even miracle workers...rolleyes1.gif
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • Options
    Merlin_AZMerlin_AZ Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2011
    (I hope it was OK for me to download/edit your photo.)
    The mask would need some work.
  • Options
    karloznzkarloznz Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2012
    Look like you cracked it
    Carl Lea Wedding and event photographer - Wellington - Web Site