Epson R200 Print Head Calibration ??

OnreyOnrey Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
edited October 20, 2005 in Digital Darkroom
Hello everyone,

Lastnight I replaced 2 ink cartridges on my R200 and for some DUMB reason I thought I needed to Calibrate my print head :dunno I have had this printer for about 1 month and the photo prints seem extremly good, But after calibrating it for NO reason it now has some major banding ect. I spent 3 hours lastnight trying to calibrate it correctly with no luck at all.

Anyone out here that can give me advice on how to do it properly? Can I set somewhere in the printer options to set it back to default/factory settings? I didnt see anything where I looked. I hate to buy a new one and relegate this one to printing only text documents.

Any help/advice would be great.

Thanks
Brad Fite :D
www.fitephotography.com
Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
Canon 580 & 420 Flash, Pocket Wizards,
Alien Bee 800, Other misc stuff

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited October 18, 2005
    Bump
    Can anyone help?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • OnreyOnrey Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2005
    Thanks for the Bump David

Surely someone here at Dgrin has some sort of expereince with this topic.
    Brad Fite :D
    www.fitephotography.com
    Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
    Canon 580 & 420 Flash, Pocket Wizards,
    Alien Bee 800, Other misc stuff
  • BodwickBodwick Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2005
    Onrey wrote:
    Hello everyone,

Lastnight I replaced 2 ink cartridges on my R200 and for some DUMB reason I thought I needed to Calibrate my print head ne_nau.gif I have had this printer for about 1 month and the photo prints seem extremly good, But after calibrating it for NO reason it now has some major banding ect. I spent 3 hours lastnight trying to calibrate it correctly with no luck at all.

Anyone out here that can give me advice on how to do it properly? Can I set somewhere in the printer options to set it back to default/factory settings? I didnt see anything where I looked. I hate to buy a new one and relegate this one to printing only text documents.

Any help/advice would be great.

Thanks

Hi Onrey,

I don't have an R200 but am wondering if the printer worked fine after you replaced the cartridge or did you not test it and went straight to calibration.
    It may be an ink cartridge problem rather than from any changes you made.
    Make sure the cartridge top is closed down tight.
    then:-

I would try the SSC Service Utility
    English version at the bottom of the page. Also check the forum as you may find what you need has been asked allready.

Another long thread on resetting the R200. (Read this first)
    http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/24958

Hope that helps.

Bod.
    "The important thing is to just take the picture with the lens you have when the picture happens."
    Jerry Lodriguss - Sports Photographer

Reporters sans frontières