Question on bringing gear into stadiums.

52Caddy52Caddy Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
edited October 18, 2005 in Sports
I have a Lowpro backpack camera bag and was wondering if most stadium security will allow them to be brought in. I haven't tried, but almost every stadium's site indicates they don't allow backpacks.
Do they make exceptions for that type camera bag?
Thanks for any ideas!
Eric

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2005
    52Caddy wrote:
    I have a Lowpro backpack camera bag and was wondering if most stadium security will allow them to be brought in. I haven't tried, but almost every stadium's site indicates they don't allow backpacks.
    Do they make exceptions for that type camera bag?
    Thanks for any ideas!
    Eric

not in my experience, but again, some venues are more lax than others. what i do, is wear a coat with lots of big pockets, stuffing my lens(es) and other stuff in there. take only what you need!
  • 52Caddy52Caddy Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2005
    Thanks Andy. Sounds like a good idea, wouldn't want to make a trip back to the car to drop off the bag.
    Eric
  • MaleficZMaleficZ Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2005
    At the University of Utah football games they let me take a bag in, being it was small and thuroly checked (more for sneeking in food then weapons it seemed).

I say just wear it around your wast and call it a napsack. Haha, political correctness doesnt live in Stadium Security.

[font=&quot]Edit: and I bet it would kind of matter what gear your bringing in. When at the last game I laughed to myself about imagined bring in a humongous L lens that would be floating above a few roes of people. Haha, I thought it was funny... [/font]headscratch.gif
    TCGphoto.com

\Ma*lef"ic\, a. Doing mischief; causing harm or evil; hurtful
  • dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2005
    52Caddy wrote:
    Thanks Andy. Sounds like a good idea, wouldn't want to make a trip back to the car to drop off the bag.
    Eric
    They have photographers vests. Or find a way to work events there. Staff usually get to bring that kinda stuff in at least round here.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • MaleficZMaleficZ Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2005
    They have photographers vests. Or find a way to work events there. Staff usually get to bring that kinda stuff in at least round here.
    Oh I would bet you can bring anything camera/lense wise if your staff. Two guys with 3 D1's and L lenses on them all. Huge lense, medium lense (for an L) and small L lense. All just hanging off there belt. Hate.
    TCGphoto.com

\Ma*lef"ic\, a. Doing mischief; causing harm or evil; hurtful