Returning 3

NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
edited September 27, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Continuing this series inspired by Ezra Pound's poem enticing the Gods of the Greeks to return! Stay with it for a moment and it will pop out.

Comments welcome. :thumb

i-55nWS33.jpg

Neil
"Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix

Comments

• shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2011
    Hi Neil,
    Great piece. This is a captivating image that forces the eye to penetrate throughout the creation. Well done.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    Moved this thread from the people forum to here. I think it will get more feedback here as I don't see how this shot relates to people or portraiture.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    shatch wrote: »
    Hi Neil,
    Great piece. This is a captivating image that forces the eye to penetrate throughout the creation. Well done.
    15524779-Ti.gif It reminds me a little bit of Ivan Albright's work, though this is more abstract. I can't say I agree with Alex that it has nothing to do with people or portraiture--expressionism is concerned with the inner being, not the surface. It's to your credit that you are finding ways to do this with a camera. thumb.gif
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    shatch wrote: »
    Hi Neil,

Great to hear from you shatch, and appreciate your encouragement, thanks! Yeah, I think in general that what you describe is an exciting way of seeing!:D

Best wishes.

Neil
    Richard wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif It reminds me a little bit of Ivan Albright's work, though this is more abstract. I can't say I agree with Alex that it has nothing to do with people or portraiture--expressionism is concerned with the inner being, not the surface. It's to your credit that you are finding ways to do this with a camera. thumb.gif

Appreciate your feedback and ideas R, thanks! I do remember Albright, now that you mention him. I am very attracted to the experience of the subject, and an idea, emerging through the viewing experience. The engagement with the image that is required for that to happen adds a viewer-personal value to the image, I think. It has a parallel in a kind of way in folk-fairy tales, which can be mined for subjects and ideas beneath a noncommittal surface. You take away the gems as your personal possessions.

Neil
    Moved this thread from the people forum to here. I think it will get more feedback here as I don't see how this shot relates to people or portraiture.

Subject is a person, genre is portraiture. Why would you put it in miscellaneous? Do you have an itch? But to be consistent, please move Returning 1 as well.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2011
    This is great work thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    This is great work thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

:D

tnx Mary!