Louvre Courtyard

WiscoFrankWiscoFrank Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
edited September 28, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Was in Paris for business a couple of weeks ago and managed to get an evening free to hike around the city a bit with my camera. This is the pyramid in the Louvre courtyard at dusk. The biggest challenge was getting the composition with no people in view.

Three exposure HDR, handheld with Nik ColorFX Pro in post.
Pyramid-L.jpg

Comments

• 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2011
    WiscoFrank wrote: »
    Was in Paris for business a couple of weeks ago and managed to get an evening free to hike around the city a bit with my camera. This is the pyramid in the Louvre courtyard at dusk. The biggest challenge was getting the composition with no people in view.

Three exposure HDR, handheld with Nik ColorFX Pro in post.
    Pyramid-L.jpg

Cool shot, what lens did you use (how wide)?
    Devin
  • WiscoFrankWiscoFrank Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2011
    Tokina 11-24 at 12mm.
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2011
    Hey Frank: I was there last week as well. I feel your pain in getting a people free shot. I had the courtyard almost to myself until the blue hour came, then everyone came out of nowhere!

Here is my shot:

http://digitalgrin.com/showthread.php?t=206556

I really like your wide angle shot!

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • WiscoFrankWiscoFrank Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2011
    Hey Zanotti .. love your shot. I get to Paris a lot and I've tried various angles and compositions with mixed success. Here's another one:

IMG1438processed-L.jpg