Help with ideas - 365 project

kbevphotokbevphoto Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
edited September 25, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
I'll be turning 39 in a few months and I'm thinking of doing a 365 project that would document my "40th year" on the planet. I have a few SLRs and and iPhone. I doubt I will carry my SLR everyday (I travel/ fly a lot for work). I would consider buying a smaller P&S for this depending on the idea.

Appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

Keith:scratch

Comments

• everydaymemorieseverydaymemories Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2011
    What a great idea! I'm in my third year of doing Project 365, although I'm not doing it regularly as well as I did the first two years.

Are you asking for P&S recommendations? I was happy with both the Sony Cybershots I had. No problems with either of them. I just wanted to upgrade (and upgrading the second time, to a DSLR, was hurried along by my daughter dropping the second Cybershot).

Have fun with your project!
    Michele
    michelekendzie.smugmug.com
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    You can probably start by taking images of what interests you while living day by day for the whole year, Keith. More like starting from your room or your house then going to work and shooting something in between. A little story behind each shot would even make it more interesting. Just a thought. Good luck.
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • kbevphotokbevphoto Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    Michele,
    I wasn't looking for P&S reco's just yet. I was just saying that depending on the idea, I'd consider getting one if it facilitates the project. However, I'm looking for a reason to get the new Nikon AW100 anyway! 8- )

I have heard that other folks that have done 365 projects set some fun constraints or used a running theme in their project. That said, I haven't actually heard much about the actual specific! I was curious if anyone had some cool ideas I could consider.
  • everydaymemorieseverydaymemories Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    I have been attracted to theme of the day/week/month lists, but often end up feeling constrained by them and don't use them. Here are a few of which I'm aware:
    Capture Your 365
    Digital Photography School weekly assignments
    MCP Actions Project 52
    WordPress (the blog host) has a weekly photography assignment to go along with its daily writing project this year too
    Michele
    michelekendzie.smugmug.com