Options

Thank you Nikon

HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
edited October 19, 2005 in Cameras
Hi you'll,

Last Monday morning my D2h stopped metering properly. I was tad irked as it had been repaired for the same problem in July. I went home and called NikonUSA and they e-mailed me a one day air UPS shipping label. I shipped it that afternoon and they received it on Tuesday morning.

The repairs were completed yesterday and the D2h arrived early this afternoon. :clap They replaced the metering, the bayonet mount, and the rubber grip. They adjusted the metering and focusing. They also did an eternal cleaning and a general check-up. As an added "bonus" they cleaned my filthy CCD (which I had been about to tackle). The camera works fine once again.

While I would have been happier w/o the problem I can't complain about the service they gave me at no expense to myself.
Harry
http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2005
    Good to hear harry...i have never cleaned my cmos. It keeps my cloning skills/eye in.
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2005
    Good news for both of us thumb.gif

1. I'm glad Nikon is taking care of business and customer service

and

2. You stop whining about only having a musket to shoot :lol4 :D

Now go out and Machine Gun something, hey how about one of these blbl.gif :uhoh

37802176-L.jpg
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    They also did an eternal cleaning and a general check-up.
    Really nice, I wish Canon did eternal cleanings... they last forever! rolleyes1.gif
    Chris
  • Options
    JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2005
    Good to hear!

I sent off my D70 awhile ago and got it back (Green Light of Death) fixed and cleaned! With 0 cost to me. clap.gif

And I found out that my D2H is covered for life for the meter apparently..at least that's what Nikon told me on the phone.
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Good to hear harry...i have never cleaned my cmos. It keeps my cloning skills/eye in.
    Nothing to it Gus. Just requires a steady hand and nerves of steel. rolleyes1.gif

Actually its quite simple. I'm usually shooting in very dusty surroundings so I usually end up cleaning my sensor 2-3 times a month.
    Harry
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2005

1. I'm glad Nikon is taking care of business and customer service

and

2. You stop whining about only having a musket to shoot roflol.gificon10.gif
    I from NYC, In NYC complaining is an art form. I'm one of the best. I live to complain. xzicon_smile_cool.gif

Now go out and Machine Gun something, hey how about one of these blbl.gifuhoh2.gif

37802176-M.jpg
    That little old thing? puke2.gif
    Nah, I'll be gunning for somehting a tad bigger
    17015151-L.jpg

roflol.gif
    Harry
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2005
    JohnR wrote:
    Good to hear!

I sent off my D70 awhile ago and got it back (Green Light of Death) fixed and cleaned! With 0 cost to me. clap.gif

And I found out that my D2H is covered for life for the meter apparently..at least that's what Nikon told me on the phone.

I have been very happy with Nikon's repair service. thumb.gif
    Harry
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    I have been very happy with Nikon's repair service. thumb.gif
    Harry, How long from departure at your home till it came back? (just courious)