Options

Recent wedding images

WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
edited September 30, 2011 in Weddings
Had an acquaintance ask me to shoot her wedding recently... I usually stay away, but they didn't want to hire anybody else and did not expect amazing pro shots from me since it was about a 20 guest wedding.... :dunno So I agreed to shoot the small ceremony. It wasn't planned greatly and was little more than getting hitched by the J of P, but it was nice.

I was able to set up my green screen in the back room to try out and loved the results, here are some shots to show you. These first two are the same shot, just used a different background.

i-fDLvGfp-M.jpg
i-GW9DhxR-M.jpg

One of the dress
i-NQvzRDm-M.jpg

i-Bbqz7m4-M.jpg

i-CHVhpZv-M.jpg

i-md8bhcC-M.jpg

Comments are welcome, this was my very first green screen attempt, so if you notice something I haven't, i'd like to hear.

Lee
Lee Wiren

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2011
    Sorry Lee, I am going to be very honest here. The backgrounds look contrived does not fit in at all with the subjects.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    Qarik wrote: »
    Sorry Lee, I am going to be very honest here. The backgrounds look contrived does not fit in at all with the subjects.

No need to be sorry, appreciate the honest feedback. I'll have to keep backgrounds and subjects in mind in the future to avoid the contrived look. Bride told me she didn't like the brown backdrop of her and the one with her dress.... she did however like the backdrop where they are kissing... but that's the only one she praised...

the Greenscreen is a new venture and this my first trial with it... hopefully it will improve when I get a chance to use it more... i'm thinking it will be more use with business portraits and basic backgrounds and will eliminate the need to pack around several different colored bg's....

Again, I appreciate the opinion and will work to improved the look of the backgrounds used in comparison with the subject involved.

Lee
    Lee Wiren
  • Options
    BakkoBakko Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    Sorry to sound a little blunt, but I actually dont like the background one bit :( (subjects are nice and sharp though)
    Its seems tacky, and very...old.
    I think you just cant go wrong with a solid background color, if you want background go outside.
    5DMKII - 60D - Canon 27-70mm - Canon 10-22mm - Canon 85mm f/1.8
    580 EX II - 430 EX II
  • Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2011
    Bakko wrote: »
    if you want background go outside.

This is what I was thinking too. Was this not an option there?

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • Options
    edited September 30, 2011
    r3t1awr3yd wrote: »
    This is what I was thinking too. Was this not an option there?

Oh, trust me, 95% of my group shots were outdoors and they turned out great... but as we did have some sprinkling rain throughout the day and there was a large room available to me aaaannd I had just received all my green screen material... I figured, what the hell, the bride/groom are willing and I will try it out to see how it goes.

yes, I got background outside... these did not sail with you folks and that's ok. The nice thing is that if I shoot some outdoor landscape shot... that could be added in as my bg with the green screen.

Why bother you ask? I live in the PNW and it rains here more often than not and also has the tendency to be extremely cruddy looking even when it's not raining. we have had about a month or a little more of good, sunny weather all year, the rest of the time it usually kind of blah... great for moody shots, but not for anything you want happy bright bg's with, so I thought a green screen may come in handy... obviously the bg's provided kind of suck. But there are nice portrait bg's for business style shots and I will use those when available, but I will stay away from these since they didn't make a hit.

Thanks for all the opinions and comments, helps me know what to use and what to stay away from.
    Lee Wiren