Options

Workflow / Data backup

WayupthereWayupthere Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
edited October 1, 2011 in Digital Darkroom
So as I am in full contact gear buying mode :wink I have been looking at separate systems for just the photo side of things. As so often happens I was following several different links (that I could never replicate) and found this little gem.
Not just somebody showing off gear, but a step by step show of exactly what they do for workflow / Data backup. :bow:bow
Then at the bottom of the blog page, a gear list with links to exactly what he is talking about. Very detailed very well done! He mentions that you should size accordingly (of course) but that is the cool thing is that is exactly what you can / would do.
Except me..I will probably order 1 of each..:rofl
What say you?
Gary

http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/2010/06/workflow-and-backup-for-photo-video/

Comments

• Options
    ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2011
    Workflows are highly subjective (best term I can think of right now). What works for one person will be totally different from what works for another. I think his is written as an example, that you can personalize to fit your needs.

Here's another workflow article: http://bythom.com/workflow.htm
  • Options
    WayupthereWayupthere Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2011
    That is what makes his video pretty cool, he has fun showing exactly step by step what he does on a day to day basis. (literally spelling it out)
    But everything he is doing is scalable to different peoples needs / wants.
    Did I mention he has fun doing it..bowdown.gif

Gary
  • Options
    ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2011
    Good point, there are very few advanced photographers who will actually tell the exact steps of their workflow. Most are like me: "What works for one person will be totally different from what works for another."

:D