Which Way Mama?

dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
edited October 6, 2011 in Landscapes

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited September 27, 2011
    Wow, that's just awesome, Dan. Not much to eat for them there which makes you wonder what the heck they're doing there. Great shot.
  • IslandcrowIslandcrow Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2011
    I love it. Your eye is so drawn in by the colors and patterns, you don't initially see the scale until the two deer in the corner put it all in perspective. Wonderful compositional work there!
  • karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    Dan,

While the image is definitely awesome, the title makes it :D Simply put, I don't think you could have picked a better title. It instantly tells me why you made this image and what's important. Then when I look at the size of the deer in relation to the rest of the scene, I get a sense of being overwhelmed by both the scope and beauty of the land and that's really nice thumb.gif

Cheers,
    Karl
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    Wow - the deer really show the scale of that scene! It is so pretty with the colors... but then my eyes came down to the deer! What a plus!!! Made the whole picture for me!
  • TreyHoffTreyHoff Registered Users Posts: 388 Major grins
    When I first opened the image, I didn't understand the meaning of the title and the deer didn't appear on my screen until I scrolled down a bit. Seeing the deer really pulled it all together for me. Really nice composition.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    Wow, that's just awesome, Dan. Not much to eat for them there which makes you wonder what the heck they're doing there. Great shot.

Thanks, Joel. They can eat on the hill that I was shooting from, but they wandered down onto the prism for some unknown reason.
    Islandcrow wrote: »
    I love it. Your eye is so drawn in by the colors and patterns, you don't initially see the scale until the two deer in the corner put it all in perspective. Wonderful compositional work there!

Thanks very much, Islandcrow. I must admit, I am proud of this composition, myself :)
  • stirinthesaucestirinthesauce Registered Users Posts: 293 Major grins
    love it! Great capture!
  • JoserJoser Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    Great Shot
    I love this shot. But not sure what is the subject, try cropping the image so the animals are not lost in the bottom.
    edited September 30, 2011
    karlabbott wrote: »
    Dan,

While the image is definitely awesome, the title makes it :D Simply put, I don't think you could have picked a better title. It instantly tells me why you made this image and what's important. Then when I look at the size of the deer in relation to the rest of the scene, I get a sense of being overwhelmed by both the scope and beauty of the land and that's really nice thumb.gif

Cheers,
    Karl

Thanks so much Karl. I am glad you appreciate it :)
    Eia wrote: »
    Wow - the deer really show the scale of that scene! It is so pretty with the colors... but then my eyes came down to the deer! What a plus!!! Made the whole picture for me!

I was quite lucky to have them show up, Eia. Thanks
    TreyHoff wrote: »
    When I first opened the image, I didn't understand the meaning of the title and the deer didn't appear on my screen until I scrolled down a bit. Seeing the deer really pulled it all together for me. Really nice composition.
    Thanks Trey:D
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2011
    This is absolutely fantastic. I saw it on your blog the other day and was amazed.
    edited October 1, 2011
    love it! Great capture!

Thanks sauced.
    Joser wrote: »
    I love this shot. But not sure what is the subject, try cropping the image so the animals are not lost in the bottom.
    Thanks, but I think you missed the point:D
    bryanj87 wrote: »
    This is absolutely fantastic. I saw it on your blog the other day and was amazed.

thanks, Bryan thumb.gif
  • rookieshooterrookieshooter Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2011
    Great shot :)
  • jczz1232jczz1232 Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited October 2, 2011
    Nice shop
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited October 2, 2011
    What a fabulous shot! It really gives a sense of overwhelming size.

--- Denise
  • ranran Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2011
    This would be a great shot to teach from . Great work
    Randall -FINE ART : FOR OFFICE AND HOME
    branhamphoto.com
    edited October 4, 2011
    Great shot :)
    jczz1232 wrote: »
    Nice shop
    What a fabulous shot! It really gives a sense of overwhelming size.

--- Denise

Thanks Denise. You are right. The Grand Prismatic is huuuuuge :)
    ran wrote: »
    This would be a great shot to teach from . Great work

Thanks. What a great comment :)
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    This is an awesome shot Dan. Composition is just perfect as is the timing to get the young deer turned just enough. thumb.gif