Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2011
    I already been to the blog. I go to the blog first. mwink.gif:D
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    in number 2, prolly should photoshop the speedometer arrow to something more substantial than 0 mph ;)
    great set!
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    Sentinel Dome is quite a hike in those clothes. :D

Sam
  • Options
    BakkoBakko Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited September 29, 2011
    Number 2 is freaking awesome. Well done!
    5DMKII - 60D - Canon 27-70mm - Canon 10-22mm - Canon 85mm f/1.8
    580 EX II - 430 EX II
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    Thanks everyone :)

Arsney -I never really payed attention to the speedometer. We were actually moving about 20-30 mph when I shot this (I wanted to get some real motion blur). This was definitely one of those spray and pray moments.

Sam no doubt. But in eight days time I will take three different couples up there. Since everyone has seen the pictures from up there, everyone wants to go. Of course, there is a shortcut :)
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins

Arsney -I never really payed attention to the speedometer. We were actually moving about 20-30 mph when I shot this (I wanted to get some real motion blur). This was definitely one of those spray and pray moments.

Sam no doubt. But in eight days time I will take three different couples up there. Since everyone has seen the pictures from up there, everyone wants to go. Of course, there is a shortcut :)

Definite spray and pray that there is no low hanging branch that is gonna hit you off of the car! :D
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    Definite spray and pray that there is no low hanging branch that is gonna hit you off of the car! :D

That wasn't likely, but I was wondering which pothole on the road would be the one that would cause me to lose my balance and fall out of the car...
  • Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2011
    I really, really like #3. Really, really like. :)

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2011
    I already been to the blog. I go to the blog first. mwink.gif:D

Ditto, love these, and #2 is just so unique!
  • Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2011
    Your skies rock! As usual....:B
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2011
    2 for guts, but I am absolutely in LOVE with #3. Emotion, unique crop, great conversion. This is why you da man bowdown.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2011
    The convertible shot was a lot of luck. I was standing in the back seat as he was driving at about 20mph, not too fast, but fast enough. I was shooting at about 1/10 of a second or so, trying to get a decent amount of blur from the roadside, but keeping the interior sharp. I shot about 30-40 frames, and I think only 2 or three were keepers.
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2011
    The convertible shot was a lot of luck. I was standing in the back seat as he was driving at about 20mph, not too fast, but fast enough. I was shooting at about 1/10 of a second or so, trying to get a decent amount of blur from the roadside, but keeping the interior sharp. I shot about 30-40 frames, and I think only 2 or three were keepers.

Patience and try try try again I guess is the answer to getting really creative and unique photos. Probably a good thing he wasn't going over 20mph or you might have fallen over! That'd be dangerous...
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2011

in the future, you may want to just put a tripod on the trunk, shoot at 1/25ish, and adjust aperture to not overexpose.

That will give you the same "rush" feeling and you would be able to just push the car, having it in N.
    It is way safer to get a "moving" shot that way.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2011
    Foques wrote: »
    in the future, you may want to just put a tripod on the trunk, shoot at 1/25ish, and adjust aperture to not overexpose.

That will give you the same "rush" feeling and you would be able to just push the car, having it in N.
    It is way safer to get a "moving" shot that way.

There are MANY better ways to do what I did than the way I did it. But we were in a hurry, I didn't have all of my equipment with me, and there was the real life issue of traffic on the road. I couldn't just push the car down a road in neutral. Also, I can't say I'd place a tripod on a car without strapping it down.

After all, I can't make everything look like this...

patrick_pike_bride_in_buick.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2011
    clap.gif

that's the reason why my magnetic gorilla pod is always with me.. I'm not saying the shot is bad. not at all.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2011
    Foques wrote: »
    clap.gif

that's the reason why my magnetic gorilla pod is always with me.. I'm not saying the shot is bad. not at all.

I know exactly what you are saying. A buddy of mine here hopped in the truck to stand and do a similar shot that I did. At about 50mph. That's a bit much to me - there needs to be some safety.
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2011
    Truth be told, you were about 25mph faster than i'd be comfortable with. :)
    one of our local guys who does a lot of car work is known to hang out of the van going 60+ on highway to take a picture... but he does a lot of exotics and needs to have the low pov. Still, i'm too much of a chicken for this stuff.
    My Site
    My Facebook