Options

Two ladies from last week.

HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
edited October 7, 2011 in People
I was going to put these into the sticky but forgot to put a card in my little camera for the pullbacks. Boy do I hate old age and forgetfullness. Inside ones were done with the softbox and the outside ones with a small octobox.

Got to love a redhead.

1. i-ZtnmRdv-XL.jpg

2. i-pThZDrQ-XL.jpg

3.i-vg9gwrj-XL.jpg

4. i-Jp6BJZT-XL.jpg

5. i-c5f9z4S-XL.jpg

6. i-2WsmcRQ-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2011
    Wow!! You have a great eye for vibrant color and composition. Love the outfit and natural look of #1. Beautiful models.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    gorgesous stuff! I would striaghten a couple but that's it. love the hair light in 4
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    Yeah lose the tilts...these shots don't need gimmicks.

Beautiful girls and you nailed these shots, minus the tilts.
    Don't love the mustang shot, pretty tough light in that one.
    Love 1 2 4 5.

Redheads with blue or green eyes.....money!
  • Options
    I must be in my tilt phase however it generally is even harsher. Yeah, the time was about 12:30 so the sun was screaming and I was trying to match it.
  • Options
    RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    #4 - blows me a way.
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2011
    #2 and #6!!!! Love :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2011
    All excellent and enjoyable to look at IMHO. 2 and 5 are personal favorites.

Question for you. Is the crescent I am seeing in the iris a reflection from a reflector or are you adding that in post?
  • Options
    edited September 30, 2011
    In #2 there is an "Eyelighter" reflector under her chin that gives the extra catch light on the bottom of the eye. I always add to that one. All the old time retouchers always added a small crescent opposite the main light in post production and I put it there as it really brings the eyes to life. I have to laugh at times when moms tell their daughters how beautiful their eyes are as most of that was post production.
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2011
    WOW, they turned out very nice.clap.gif

What lens did you use?

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    Marshall, NC
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2011
    Great set and lovely ladies! #3 doesn't really seem to fit with the set though, I can see the flash bouncing off shiny areas of her face and the background is a bit distracting w/the power lines. Other than that, great work.
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2011
    bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    rocky07rocky07 Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited October 2, 2011
    excellent
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2011
    Chuck, sorry for the delay. My mom had a slight heart attack in Pittsburgh so I went home to take care of dad. All is well and she is coming home Tuesday.

I used a 70 to 200 on all the shots except for the car shot. That one was with a 16 to 28 ish I believe.
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2011
    Beautiful kids and BEAUTIFUL work Hack.thumb.gif
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2011
    Nice shots of the redhead. As far as the blond goes...undoubtedly...she is beautiful.

A few comments...1-3.

1. Looks like you used a bit too much smoothing on her skin...maybe it's just me, but I don't feel it when the skin is wiped over and the pores disappear.

2. I think I can still see a demarcation where you brushed her left cheek...and I can't figure out why her hand is in front of her face. One of her fingers looks like it might be up her nose. Look at ther hair, up near her left temple...camera right...some artifacts around her hairline...maybe...looks kinda odd. Her hands are much lighter than her face. Usually not a good idea to show the broad side of the hand...but, if that's what you were after...I'm all for it. Just a few thoughts.

3. Looks a little over lit...and for sure, I'd recommend getting rid of the other yellow car in the background.

Again, just a few observations. Hope this helps...not out to tear you down...just some stuff that I saw. Or, thought I did.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2011
    Thanks all for the comments and help. The mustang gal had an unusual oily complexion. I kept using a Mary Kay product to wipe the oil away but the outside ones were just hard to control. It was very uncomfortable outside with the temp and very high humidity that week. On the yellow car in the background I saw it coming and waited to get it in the frame. Some of her friends commented on how cool that looked.....go figure.

On the high key with the blond I aske them to do a Tyra Banks session and ask them to stretch their top up and play turtle. It goes over very big with the gals. I do agree with the back of the hand as that has been drilled into me over the years but her expression is priceless and Expression Sells Portraits not mater what else is going on in the photo.
  • Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    you KNOW light.......personally! Fabulous light! I love those first two!
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2011
    Ed,

Comments are always taken constructively. There is a big difference in theory between this group and another group I belong to. This group is more natural while the other is more make them look awesome.
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2011