I'm Ready for my Close-up

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited October 19, 2005 in People
my first attempt at some close-up portraits... please critic them and tell me what ya think.:dunno

Thanks
-Daniel-

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 18, 2005
    my first attempt at some close-up portraits... please critic them and tell me what ya think.ne_nau.gif

Thanks
    -Daniel-
    one more???? sure why not. rolleyes1.gif
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2005
    I'm far from even a novice at portraits but here is what I think. Sharpness wise I think they are not too bad but could use a little USM. The subjects are at the opposite edge of the frame from where they are looking so it makes you think about what they might be looking at which is good. But they have unflattering looks on their faces, especially the man with his mouth partially open. In the shot of the woman I would consider cloning out the light in the upper left, I find it a bit distracting, and possibly the glare on her glasses. And lastly I think their skin tones are too magenta, if you check the numbers in PS the yellow should be higher than the magenta, there is a great discussion going on in the Digital Darkroom - Software forum about LAB color that adresses this.

I know I listed a lot but please take this as a friendly critique, I hope this helps you.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto